BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
One day I get into the car, put it into reverse and the park distance rear beeper is going solid and the LED on the PDC switch is blinking. Obviously something is not working properly. Has anyone had this problem? I'm assuming that it means one or more sensors has gone bad but I don't know.

1) Why would it just die on me? I haven't hit anything and the sensors have been cleaned.
2) Is there a way to figure out which one it is --> can the OBC tell me? Do I need a reader device for that?
3) If its a broken sensor, how bad is it going to be to replace it? Can I do it myself?

I don't NEED PDC but I don't want to have a feature that doesn't work.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

I found it on another thread...thanks for looking...I don't know why my search turned up empty before.

Joshua

·
In Memoriam
4,624 Posts
Do a search.

I read a post within the last month about how to check your PDC. Something about getting each sensor to do continuous clicking until you find the one that doesn't ... can't remember the procedure exactly.

I believe they are a DIY fix.

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Diagnosis is simple: stick your ear in front of each sensor. The one that isn't clicking is the one that is broken.

As for repair, you'll probably need to remove your bumper. After that, the repair is either a) re-solder the broken wire or b) replace the broken sensor.

d-

·
Registered
192 Posts
Diagnosis is simple: stick your ear in front of each sensor. The one that isn't clicking is the one that is broken.

As for repair, you'll probably need to remove your bumper. After that, the repair is either a) re-solder the broken wire or b) replace the broken sensor.

d-
To replace the outer sensors you dont need to remove the bumper.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts