BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont want to post a poll. Here goes.

I bought matte black kidney grills from Stealth Auto (Great service)

Should I paint the whole thing inside and out or leave the center matte and paint only the outter rings.

If so, should I go gloss black, or black sapphire; the color of the car?

I am thinking gloss black outter rings and leaving the center matte black.

Thanks,:cheers:

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Gloss black on outter ring and keep the center matte black. Hopefully that what they do on mine:3:

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Damn!:grrrr:

Cos, I just left my second set of grilles with my body shop to paint exactly like Kenny mentioned. Currently I painted the original grilles all Black Sapphire which looks sharp!:M5thumbs:

However, I am trying the second option, because I think that would create that subtle contrast that would make it DIFFERENT from everyone else!ouich

I am also having the ambers smoked and the gills blacked out (all black sapphire).

Your car will look sweet either way. Since you are in San Diego, I won't worry of going to the dance with the same dress on!
:cheers:

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Gloss black on outter ring and keep the center matte black. Hopefully that what they do on mine:3:
Kenny,

Please contact ME before you offer any advise on black cars! Thank you!!:hihi:
cherrsagai

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh, I did not think of painting the side gills. I might go get that done gloss black as well.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Kenny, where you getting yours done? Mine are being done now and will be ready this monday.

If it is not too late, come by my office, the body shop is next door.

·
Registered
915 Posts
glossy black outter and matt black centers...

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Kenny, where you getting yours done? Mine are being done now and will be ready this monday.

If it is not too late, come by my office, the body shop is next door.
Chris Laidback is takeing care for me. Much appreciated, Chris. I order from stealthauto, then Chris picked them up today and drop off at C&C and should be ready this sat at bimmerfest. Front&Side, I guess it will be all gross black instead of center matte black which is very creative idea, BTW.

·
Registered
328 Posts
matte black looks better.

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
Here's a shot of Dannyoh's gloss black kidney grills and side grills (done by CandCcollision.com) at bimmerfest yesterday...and i added some more pics of some our M5board's finest:hihi:

pic 3...

Robar's S/C 540i

Thaichi808's S3 540it

Dannyoh's at Stoptech booth...

As always Deknight's S!ck M6

This pic taken by Jon S. of Bimmerfest...

Our lovely model:thumbsup:

[/QUOTE]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts