BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me if there was an option on the E39 for painted rims? I have seen a few for sale and that had rims to match the paint. One guy I talked to had it done. Not sure if all are custom or this was some sort of factory option. I love some of these but only concern is if one rim where to bend and I was able to locate another one off ebay or here where would I go to get it painted and such to match the others.

Attached is a picture of one from the for sale forum in here by the way.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
those were painted.

Far as I know they all came with the chrome shadow paint.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Can anyone tell me if there was an option on the E39 for painted rims? I have seen a few for sale and that had rims to match the paint. One guy I talked to had it done. Not sure if all are custom or this was some sort of factory option. I love some of these but only concern is if one rim where to bend and I was able to locate another one off ebay or here where would I go to get it painted and such to match the others.

Attached is a picture of one from the for sale forum in here by the way.
Are they painted or powder coated?

Powder coating will give a more durable finish I would have thought .

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
When I said painted I just meant custom. They look powdercoated to me to be specific.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Black is easy to match.
this.

but for me black on black is very.....2004? the murdered out is "out"

keep it clean, just get the shadow chrome refinished. (which is already and awesome colour!!)

ps.. but what do i know, i'm a 21 year old purist, who tried "stanceworks" and hated it lol, oem ftw!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts