BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have my wheels painted black (see the attached pic), it was dirt cheap. The whole process with tire assembly costed me about 40.000 HUF (~$200). Don't know about the calipers, but it shouldn't be expensive either. But this is the price i got from the painter, in Hungary, it can be different in your area...
Good luck with it, i'm sure you'll like it black!

Attachments

·
8,369 Posts
Cost of course varies from shop to shop but it should be between $200 - $800 depending on how good the shop is to paint the rims and calipers.

Just make sure you take it to a very reputable shop that has a good track record of doing a very good job.
Doing it right the first time that satisfies you the customer is the key.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Hey,
How much does it normally cost to paint the M6 factory wheels black and the calipers red?
I use these guys as they are one of the best that I have found in the country:

True Design Wheel; Contact Info

They are usually about $500-600 for a factory quality powder coat job (you don't want paint as it is not durable enough). Never done brake calipers so I don't know on those.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I have my wheels painted black (see the attached pic), it was dirt cheap. The whole process with tire assembly costed me about 40.000 HUF (~$200). Don't know about the calipers, but it shouldn't be expensive either. But this is the price i got from the painter, in Hungary, it can be different in your area...
Good luck with it, i'm sure you'll like it black!
OOoo, your car is gorgeous with the black wheels. I had thought of doing black wheels and black chrome exhaust tips for my Tubi exhaust but haven't gotten around to it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts