BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
I just had this one done by Premiermobilegroup.com it ranges from $500 pre cut-$1200 and up (for custom)...
Anyone have an idea on cost for E39 nose full fenders, hood bumper and mirrors?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Anyone have an idea on cost for E39 nose full fenders, hood bumper and mirrors?

AUTOG4,

Check with one of our board sponsors www.detailingdynamics.com
Matt and Eddie are good guys over there and imho are the best around for paint protection film or for that matter full detailing. They maintain all my cars. I have a Porsche Turbo that has won multiple concours events that they prep. Btw, Matt just purchased a E39 M5 and went crazy on it. He posted a thread here also. He has several customers from NJ too. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
i will vouch for detailing dynamics, however their pricing is for ppl with short arms and deep pockets... there is an oem product which is extremely affordable however ive never seen it in person or even photos of it... so i cannot say much about it... but i have seen detailing dynamics work in person, and i know ppl who have used them. worth every penny.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I wouldn't do it - normally only the lower 1/4 of the hood gets done and you can see the line. To boot, you can't polish it out either.

·
10,456 Posts
i had my front bumper repainted a couple years ago to take care of normal road rash, i was quoted more to put paint protection film on afterward than the cost of the repaint, so for me, i'll just paint it again if i need to...

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
True there is no film available to stretch out/ cover our whole hood (i have been waiting for 3m or venture shield to come out with a bigger film)...on some angles you will see the lines and with the new technology right now you can buff/ polish the clear film (treat it like it's paint)...I had my front bumper custom done by Premier a few years ago (and have used and recommended them with all my cars and have recommended them to friends and board members) and it is still good as the day they put it on...we do alot of grp drives here in SoCal and with all the construction going on in my area you can't never prevent rocks chips just from driving around and about and nothing can bring a smile to my face when i just get a damp cloth after and wipe of the rock chips that disintegrated on the front bumper...it's true you can just get it repainted, no problem but as soon as you leave the shop there goes one or two rock chips :thumbsup:

here is a video of Premiermobilegroup.com

I wouldn't do it - normally only the lower 1/4 of the hood gets done and you can see the line. To boot, you can't polish it out either.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
I love these products, but you do have to find a good installer. If applied correctly, the film is barely visible (and invisible at most angles). Of course I hate rock chips - just the reassurance I get from these products is worth the cost to me.

I paid around $500 for the M5 3 years ago (semi custom) and $600 for the M coupe (custom).

GL

·
Registered
3,566 Posts
I'm considering film for our E39 wagon, but just the bumper. I won't have a line on the hood and as Laidback pointed out, you can't cover the whole thing. Anyone think I'm crazy to just to the bumper?

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
No that would be better than with no protection...the E39 hood slopes down that most rock chips tend to hit around 24 inches from the grills...

I'm considering film for our E39 wagon, but just the bumper. I won't have a line on the hood and as Laidback pointed out, you can't cover the whole thing. Anyone think I'm crazy to just to the bumper?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts