BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone confirm if the silver skirt/bumper colour is Granit Silver?

Been advised that it definitely is, but this was on an LE.

Is it the same for all?

While I'm at it, anyone got the codes for Granit Silver (if that's what it is), and Avus Blue?

Sorry if this has been covered before, but I couldn't find anything on a search.

Many thanks,

R
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,137 Posts
Rob Plummer said:
Can anyone confirm if the silver skirt/bumper colour is Granit Silver?
= YES, it shud be provided your car a) is a 3.8 b) is standard w/o an -optional- contrast-colour which was available against extra-pay as well as
the NO-contrast-colour-option
Is it the same for all?
= NO, contrast-colours for 3.6 and 'edition' cars are different, LE cars same
While I'm at it, anyone got the codes for Granit Silver (if that's what it is), and Avus Blue?
= (237 M) > granitsilber-met. (276 M) > avusblau-met.M3/M5
Sorry if this has been covered before, but I couldn't find anything on a search.
= YES, it has been covered before, many times !
you can read more here:
http://bmwe34m5.com/faqs/?theme=1&level=4&question_id_select=186&chapitre_id_select=23&document_id_select=3
-
brgds :M5thumbs:
Karl
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,137 Posts
[email protected] sterlingsilber-met. was the -contrast-colour- used on the
´special edition' 3.6 M5-sport-package (Winkelhock) cars and is indeed lighter
than -granitsilber-met.- (goes well with the -schwarz II- of the WH-cars)
-
London [email protected] sorry mate, -arktissilber- on a -arktissilber- car does not count, your car wud be one of the cars with the -non-contrast-colour- (extra-pay) option, otherwise your car wud have had (181 M) diamantschwarz-met. as the -contrast-colour- on the lower skirts - :byebye:
- :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,083 Posts
M5touring reg said:
[email protected] sterlingsilber-met. was the -contrast-colour- used on the
´special edition' 3.6 M5-sport-package (Winkelhock) cars and is indeed lighter
than -granitsilber-met.- (goes well with the -schwarz II- of the WH-cars)
-
London [email protected] sorry mate, -arktissilber- on a -arktissilber- car does not count, your car wud be one of the cars with the -non-contrast-colour- (extra-pay) option, otherwise your car wud have had (181 M) diamantschwarz-met. as the -contrast-colour- on the lower skirts - :byebye:
- :)
Hmmmmmmmmmm, that's interesting. I was kidding but I thought that the lower skirt was only ever painted in silver. I have never seen a silver car with skirts painted in a different colour and certainly not in diamantschwarz-met. I'd love to see a pic, I can't even imagine what the contrast would look like
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,137 Posts
London Mike said:
Hmmmmmmmmmm, that's interesting. I was kidding but I thought that the lower skirt was only ever painted in silver. I have never seen a silver car with skirts painted in a different colour and certainly not in diamantschwarz-met. I'd love to see a pic, I can't even imagine what the contrast would look like
-
London [email protected] here is one for you

http://bmwe34m5.com/registry/HTMLFiles/AnandShah.htm

I hope you don't mind it is a -touring- :M5thumbs:
PS: the -contrast-colours-either -granitsilber-met. or -diamantschwarz-met.-
are -factory-standards- on the E34 M5, NO contrast-colour or ANOTHER
contrast-colour was an EXTRA-PAY-OPTION ?????? ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,338 Posts
When we discussed this before here

I posted a picture of the difference between Granit Silver (on the car) and Sterling Silver (on the flap). The Granit is much greyer.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,431 Posts
Mine is also Avus Blau and Granit Silber - at least I now know what to tell the paint shop when I eventually get mine resprayed!
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top