BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Noticed today on my right rear door in 2 separate sections under the window trim there is a series of small bubbles in the paint. I've never noticed this before and wondered if it's a manufacturing defect.

Didn't manage to take a picture, but will get one later and upload to show.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
That sucks. Could be something dripped on the paint, absorbed in and broke the bond somewhere inside... either on the metal or a sub layer. Have a body shop give an opinion.

·
Registered
25 Posts
You might be able to wet sand it to smooth it out, but that's not for a beginner to DIY. Not sure your ability level but something you could look into. How does that panel look overall compared to the rest of the car? Is it possible there was damage and this was an aftermarket repair?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had similar bubbles on my drivers door a year after having the door repainted due to a scratch. Luckily the paint work was under warranty, but it took two attempts for the body shop to get it right. Do you know if your car has had any paintwork done.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Turns out that rear door and quarter has been painted before. Took to fewer who checked thickness of paint.

looks like some sort of reaction

1 - 7 of 7 Posts