BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my North Carolina Title and I am looking for some clarity. Can those with North Carolina Titles check and see if the words M5 appear anywhere on the title?

The DMV lady charged me sales Tax (road usage Tax) based on vehicle Value of $13,800 at the time of registration. Although I was glad to be paying less tax I am now wondering if she misread/mistyped the Model name in her computer. No where on my title or my registration do the words M5 appear. All I see is BMW and 4S under body style. This, added with her $13,800 vehicle value, make me think there something isn't right.
I understand that the value of these cars (the paper value anyways) has taken a big hit in the last couple of years but $13,800 for a 2002 M5 seems awfully low.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
My NC Title says the same thing. 2003 BMW 4S

·
Registered
117 Posts
Same here. My NC title says 4S. No mention of M5. My recent Iredell County NC tax value for my 2000 MY was $15800 and the tax bill has M5 in description. The $13k value for a 2002 is a mistake, but lucky for you at annual tax time.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I believe no car has its model number listed on the title here in NC.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Same here. My NC title says 4S. No mention of M5. My recent Iredell County NC tax value for my 2000 MY was $15800 and the tax bill has M5 in description. The $13k value for a 2002 is a mistake, but lucky for you at annual tax time.
I agree with BB, they made a mistake in your favor. I just wrote a check to the Orange County tax collector for $344.09. The tax value of my 2003 in Chapel Hill is $20,390. No mention of M5 on any of my paperwork (title, registration, or tax bill).

Time to walk to the mailbox. I'm too cheap to pay the internet "convenience fee" for paying the bill online.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts