BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Been trying for while now to get a hold of Mark to see if he would sell me the following:

1. stock 881E (US B36) chip.
2. one of his EAT chips.

Sadly, I've had no luck getting any response. I've been emailing him at mark.dsylva [at] gmail [dot] com. Does anyone know if there's a secret code or a bat signal that I can use to get a hold of him.

The good news is I am finally (after many months) getting back to the restoration of the B36 powered E24 M6. MAF is off to injection labs this weekend. Running a bunch of diagnostics on the harness conversion this weekend. On a side note, is it worth a getting a Peake reader to pick up information from the diagnostic port? Or can is there a cheaper way to pick up codes? Does it provide any valuable information?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I was in contact with him about in early December and he said he was working on a contract that required him to work long hours and week ends. He stated he would be in contact when he finished the contract.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool. PM me your email address and how much you want for it. Note I can't respond to PMs so I can only respond by email.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Any updates yet?

Reading lots of responses about E. A. T. chips I decided to give it a try for E34-350.0 E. A. T. chip expecting smoother idling, more torque and better throttle response in the low rpm range :checkeredflag:. The S38B36 engine in my 1988 E34 M5 3.6 has been partially refurbished and should be reacting good on up-graded grunt-performance.

But before ordering and arranging payment via paypal, I´d like to have a confirmation that a chip can be produced and delivered with no long waiting period :1zhelp:. Further I´m wondering about extra transport fee to Austria (in EU; no cangoroos here hiha) which is not mentioned on Mark D´Sylva´s homepage :confused:.

Alternatively, if somebody has a chip for sale, please let me know ;) .

Any advice is highly appreciated :grinyes: - thank you :3:!

·
Registered
205 Posts
I have EAT software on my 3.6, very good. Makes Dinan feel like stock....

Anyone know if MarkD has an 'off the shelf' solutionfor a 280/280 3.6 that's other wise stock?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Mark D´Sylva replied ...

I have EAT software on my 3.6, very good. ...
Thank you for your information - Mark already replied to my yesterday´s e-mail :thumbsup: so I will order my EAT eprom today :checkeredflag:. FYI I will also link him to this thread so he knows you´re looking for him ;) .

After receipd I´ll also comment on the chip - can´t wait :wroom: ... .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts