BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was hoping someone could check their ZF transmission tag for me. :confused2 I needed to know the numbers on the tag attached to the transmission housing. It should be a green tag, but may be another color. A picture would be great, but if you could reply with the numbers only, that would be great too. :cheers: Please refer to the pictures below for help in locating the tag.

This picture shows where the tag is located and on what side.

This picture shows a more detailed view of the tag. I just need all the numbers you see below.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Deckard said:
What are you looking for specifically ?

5HP-24 is the ZF transmission model number
1 423 192 is the BMW part number

The other 2 numbers ( 0 134 478 and 000016) are probably serial number or so.

Actually the transmission is a ZF 5HP-30. BMW/Alpina part numbers will not help when seeking help from ZF directly. Actually I just was informed the Green Tag will have a 1058 XXXXXX number that will allow lookup of internal components. If someone could provide the XXXXXX information for me I would be most grateful. Since Alpina parts are so hard to come by here in the USA, we can eliminate the middleman (Alpina) and source the parts we need from ZF. I am looking to fortify my 5HP30 transmission to withstand higher HP and torque numbers. My Transmission rebuilder requested that I source this information to help him down the correct road for the rebuild.

Also just to confirm the transmission see here:

7er Forum in Germany

Thanks for reply & Happy Holidays. :byebye:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts