BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
for all those that have this exhaust, do you think that it's too quiet. if you had chance to get one again would you. also, for those that heard other exhaust like eissenmann, kelleners, dinan, how loud is the tubin compared to these.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
270 Posts
The standard version is not LOUD. You will actually hear your car as opposed to the stock exhaust, but it's not overwhelming inside the car. Outside I've received plenty compliments about the sound, but you won't be turning heads of unsuspecting pedestrians.

IMHO, it's perfect :) It gives the M5 a boost in sound befitting a sporty car without being overboard.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
516 Posts
I heard the "quiet" tubi the other day as well as Supersprint and one other, I think B&B.

Tubi had best sound but too quiet. Supersprint didn't have a very refined sound but loud. B&B sounded nice but the pipes were smaller than stock.

I'd have to say the louder TUBI is probably the best. It had best looking tips as well.

R
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,226 Posts
Ag02M5 said:
I heard the "quiet" tubi the other day as well as Supersprint and one other, I think B&B.

Tubi had best sound but too quiet. Supersprint didn't have a very refined sound but loud. B&B sounded nice but the pipes were smaller than stock.

I'd have to say the louder TUBI is probably the best. It had best looking tips as well.

R
He was listening to my Tubi which is 2 years old. It has gotten louder over time but never intrusive. If you are looking for anything louder you are going to hear it all the time in the cabin. I am not a fan of listening to the exhaust, no matter how nice it sounds, all the time. On acceleration I like it. On freeway driving, steady state I don't want to hear it.

This is what the Tubi will bring you.

Mark

ps, AG02M5 - if you wanted it louder I should have stayed on the accelerator a bit more for you. Next time we meet!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
516 Posts
MAH said:
He was listening to my Tubi which is 2 years old. It has gotten louder over time but never intrusive. If you are looking for anything louder you are going to hear it all the time in the cabin. I am not a fan of listening to the exhaust, no matter how nice it sounds, all the time. On acceleration I like it. On freeway driving, steady state I don't want to hear it.

This is what the Tubi will bring you.

Mark

ps, AG02M5 - if you wanted it louder I should have stayed on the accelerator a bit more for you. Next time we meet!
LOL.

It IS a beautiful exhaust. More like work of art. I did not hear it at WOT. Personally, I like hearing it in the cabin a bit. I like shifting by exhaust note, not the tach....even at lower speeds.

You can't lose with it though.

R
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,419 Posts
MAH said:
He was listening to my Tubi which is 2 years old. It has gotten louder over time but never intrusive. If you are looking for anything louder you are going to hear it all the time in the cabin. I am not a fan of listening to the exhaust, no matter how nice it sounds, all the time. On acceleration I like it. On freeway driving, steady state I don't want to hear it.

This is what the Tubi will bring you.

Mark
Totally agree with MAH.

When you get on the LOUD Pedal you most certainly Do turn Pedestrians heads, and bring a Smile to all occupants including yourself.

But When cruising its perfect.

It is the Perfect exhaust for the Beast.

Not only would I get it again, But I wish they made Tubi for my other vehicles.

The Look is as classey as it gets. 10/10 For the Tubi.

If you want it loder, buy the New Louder Tubi Remore. But I don't think its necessary, in an M5. :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the help. i did get the exhaust, it's coming on tom. if i don't like it maybe, i'll trade with a friend for his dinan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
635 Posts
The Tubi is "EXOTIC" thats the bottom line. The only way you can appreciate your Tubi exhaust is to let someone else drive while you stand outside or from all the compliments you will receive about the sound.


Regards,


Marion
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
got the car back with the exhaust.... all i can say is WOW :eek:h:. it sounds so sweet, i been driving around reving it like a kid this whole time:1: i think, though, that i have the rumore tubi, not the regular cause if this is not lound, i don't even want to think about what a loud exhaust sounds like. thanks guys for your help. i'm so happy. my beast is complete now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
931 Posts
Tubi is high class. I don't know how to tell the difference between the two just by looking at them, but you did the right thing by getting Tubi


/// :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,419 Posts
ContractR said:
got the car back with the exhaust.... all i can say is WOW :eek:h:. it sounds so sweet, i been driving around reving it like a kid this whole time:1: i think, though, that i have the rumore tubi, not the regular cause if this is not lound, i don't even want to think about what a loud exhaust sounds like. thanks guys for your help. i'm so happy. my beast is complete now.

Congrats on the Tubi.

The Standard Tubi is not quiet when you are on the loud pedal. Its Perfect.

It may be considered quiet compared to Kelleners etc.

But they are in your face. Each to his own. :wroom:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,226 Posts
Gotta tell you that I am in total agreement that you as the owner of the Tubi exhaust will NEVER be able to take in the total enjoyment of the exhaust. My wife drove off the other day in my car while I was in the front yard and it was just wonderful. Mind you, she was not even accelerating hard in front of our house!

Just plain music to any car lovers ears. I just wish I could better enjoy it while in the cabin.

Mark
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i know what you mean, my brother has been nagging me the whole time since i got it to drive the car. when he drives off, it's so beautiful. oh, i can hear him blocks away. one thing that i kinda miss is that i can't be inconspicuous anymore. anywhere i go, people will know now. oh well...



MAH said:
Gotta tell you that I am in total agreement that you as the owner of the Tubi exhaust will NEVER be able to take in the total enjoyment of the exhaust. My wife drove off the other day in my car while I was in the front yard and it was just wonderful. Mind you, she was not even accelerating hard in front of our house!

Just plain music to any car lovers ears. I just wish I could better enjoy it while in the cabin.

Mark
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,335 Posts
The Rumore is bigger bore as I understand. It's AWSOME on acceleration but completely unobtrusive between 60 and 150 mph for motorway cruising. I agree with others though that the people who get the best from it are the ones behind you!
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top