BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody here tried these? How do they compare to stock in terms of braking performance and longevity?

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
I tried Pagid, and personally do not like Pagid. They are very squeeky and the squeek is very loud, that makes for a very annoying noise, it sounds like the brakes needed to be replaced. Passengers in my car actually commented that I should get new brakes! Needless to say I was back to OEM in under 3 months (my mechanic told me to wait that long until the brakes were "broken in") guess what the noise never went away!
If you want to go aftermarket I suggest a BREMBO/REPCO brake combo. I know many people that have that brake set up and they highly recommend it. They are more expensive but well worth the money.

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Ashok Arora said:
Anybody here tried these? How do they compare to stock in terms of braking performance and longevity?
Hey Ashok, What color are they?

If they are Blue, leave them aloan.

They were the first set I melted quickly. The blues squealed when cold, and never worked well until the third application. Then they went off after three good stops.

The Axxis Ultimates are awesome.

MJ

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure about colour - I'll need to do more research. Someone recommended them so I just wanted a second opinion. I'll probably stick with stock for now as my pads are fine & I'm changing the car soon.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Ashok Arora said:
Not sure about colour - I'll need to do more research. Someone recommended them so I just wanted a second opinion. I'll probably stick with stock for now as my pads are fine & I'm changing the car soon.
I had the pagid blue (not sure exactly which ones) pads on my scooby, which squealed alot when cold, weren't too bad once warmed up..but way too much brake dust :confused3

you might also like to try Ferodo DS2500's if they can fit stock calipers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts