BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My left paddle shifter recently broke. No longer clicks to downshift. I suspect it is a spring that has fallen out of place. The dealership tells me that this part is not covered under CPO warranty. How can that be? That leaves me concerned as to what is covered under CPO warranty...

·
Registered
789 Posts
I would call another dealership. It is a wear and tear item by some people's thought. I have heard they covered it and vice versa. The turn signal stalk is another item that can come into question as well. To them it is like covering your door handle that might have broke. They cannot tell if you pulled too hard on it or it was a defect. That comes down to the SA and how much they like you at times. Unfortunately one persons experience cannot be replicated consistently. I have had clutches warrantied where others said no way. Be soft spoken when dealing with them until they require more exacting words but choose your words carefully. It is a small world and what you might say to one could get around. Call BMW for assistance if you feel that you are not being treated fairly. Get them to understand from your perspective.

Also the part is not that expensive and it could be just a small adjustment. Open it up and see for yourself.

Good luck.

·
Registered
128 Posts
My service advisor recommended an aftermarket warranty as opposed to CPO. CPO does not cover as much as you think. There are much better options out there for after factory warranty coverage.

·
Registered
101 Posts
That would blow for me as well. My left paddle will downshift if you just touch it. I kept saying to myself why is thing downshifting 2 gears? then I realized that as soon as I would touch the paddle it would downshift and then again when I pulled the paddle. I have been trying to think of it as if it were not a paddle shifter but more like a touch sensor shifter. HA!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, I'll try another dealer. I just wish BMW would force some consistency. The whole reason I paid more to buy from a BMW dealership was for peace of mind, and I'm not feeling it.

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Makes sense, thanks for the good reply.

I would call another dealership. It is a wear and tear item by some people's thought. I have heard they covered it and vice versa. The turn signal stalk is another item that can come into question as well. To them it is like covering your door handle that might have broke. They cannot tell if you pulled too hard on it or it was a defect. That comes down to the SA and how much they like you at times. Unfortunately one persons experience cannot be replicated consistently. I have had clutches warrantied where others said no way. Be soft spoken when dealing with them until they require more exacting words but choose your words carefully. It is a small world and what you might say to one could get around. Call BMW for assistance if you feel that you are not being treated fairly. Get them to understand from your perspective.

Also the part is not that expensive and it could be just a small adjustment. Open it up and see for yourself.

Good luck.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts