BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all! I am regretfully listing my 2003 M5 for sale. I am going to be making a career change and want to free up some cash and purchase a cheaper car. It is LeMans Blue with Caramel extended leather with light wood trim. The combination is truly beautiful. The car has approximately 89.3K miles. This will be changing as the car is driven daily. I am located in SE PA, about 1 hr SW of Philly, near the DE/MD border. I have the clean title in hand. PM, email ([email protected]), or call 484 . 843 . 1199.

Asking Price: $20.5K

Not really interested in any trades, though if you are local and have a very clean E30, let me know.

I am the second owner, though the first was my father. He ordered it new. I purchased the car from him in April 2007 with approximately 44K miles.

production date: 02/2003
in service date: 04/03/2003

original MSRP: $73,670.00

The car was ordered without the rear lip spoiler. It does not have the M Audio or rear shades. It does have OEM BMW Bluetooth and the aux adapter. I updated the microphone to the more recent noise canceling unit and it works pretty well. It has been dealer maintained. Over the past two years I have been doing the oil changes myself, with the last one completed today.

Recent work/maintenance (newest first)
New driver side rear tire 89K
Oil change/filter 89K
New Bosch battery 88K - 3 yr warranty
Oil change/filter 79K
New HID bulbs 75K
Valve cover gaskets replaced 73K
Heater blower motor replaced 73K
Catalytic Converters 73K
Inspection 2 69K
Fuel pump replaced 69K
Driveshaft center bearing replaced 69K
Front Brakes (pads and rotors) 56K
Clutch and Pressure Plate 56K

This car did not *need* a new clutch at 56K, but it was covered under the maintenance plan, so why not? The LCD display in the instrument cluster was also replaced as it was starting to lose some pixels. The rear view mirror is new as it started to 'spread' like I have seen on quite a few BMWs.

Overall, the car is a great driver. There are no mechanical issues with the car. It is tight, drives straight, and feels good. There have been no accidents, paint work, or damage.

It was recently PA inspected, passing without any issues.

This car has not seen winters until this year. When it was owned by my father, he had other cars to drive. Up until this year, I took public transportation to work so I could have this sit when the weather was bad. This year it has seen a few snow falls, but I have washed the car afterward, especially the undercarriage.

The rear tires are relatively new, with considerably more than 50% tread. *Just replaced driver side rear tire after a piece of metal found its way into the side wall.* The fronts are not quite as new, but they still have adequate life left. Both pairs are Pirelli PZero Nero M&S.

Photos:

The interior is in good shape overall. The driver seat, driver door pull, and center arm rest are the only areas showing wear. The other seats/leather are in great condition.

Full disclosure:
I don't have anything to hide with the car and I believe in being straightforward with offering as much information as I can on the car. The following are worth noting, but not critical to the overall appeal of the car:

• The driverside low beam does not always come on when you first start the car in extreme cold. Turning the light on and off once always 'fixes' the issue. Not a problem on most days.
  • There are about a half dozen dimples on the roof above driver, near the windshield. The largest is pictured below.

• There are some scratches on the back of the trunk. They have been touched up and while not easily seen, they are visible. They are concentrated into one particular area.
  • The front bumper has a crack. You can see it in the photo. This was like that when I purchased it.

• There is a spot on the trunk lid about 2x3" that the clearcoat has been affected by something dripping in a parking garage. As far as I can tell, the paint is OK. A good detailing pro should be able to work this out to be less noticeable or completely gone.

• The driver's seat has some wear on both outside bolsters. Not bad overall. The driver door pull does have some wear. What can I say, it is what it is? All other seats and leather are great. See photos for wear.

• There is a rattle above the driver seat when it is cold. I haven't investigated the cause.
  • The rear fold down seats squeak when it is cold. Typically a little grease to the mounting points fix the issue.

The wheels are decent overall. Some rash, but as far as I know, all are straight. The pass. side front wheel did have a slight bend in it at one point. The tire was dismounted and the wheel was sent off for repair. See photos.

If I was keeping the car, I'd probably look to replace the rear pads in the near future. Depending on how long I have the car, this may get done anyway.

·
Registered
798 Posts
:eek7:man if I didn't just buy my M5 last week, I'd be all over yours! You have no idea how crazy I've gone waiting for a LMB in caramel! :crying: Gorgeous pictures! Best of luck with the sale. I will be forever envious of whoever gets this beast. :(

·
Registered
937 Posts
GLWS - it's a paint/interior combo that is truly special!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Sent you an email regarding the car. Love the color combo and I'll be flying to Philly soon for business and would love to see if we can work out a deal.
Cheers,
-Cori

·
Registered
112 Posts
:eek7:man if I didn't just buy my M5 last week, I'd be all over yours! You have no idea how crazy I've gone waiting for a LMB in caramel! :crying: Gorgeous pictures! Best of luck with the sale. I will be forever envious of whoever gets this beast. :(
daaang Joe, buy this one and sell yours! :grinyes: :wroom:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Thanks for all the compliments and bumps. Have had some interest, but still available. Today I was able to buff the issue with the clearcoat on the trunklid. It is now completely gone - looks great. Just took a little elbow grease, nothing major. The faint white lines in the photo are the clouds in the sky!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts