BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to start the car in P500 mode. I hate switching it every single day. I know I can just press my M button, but just thought if someone had an easier way.

thanks in advance!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Is it OK to drive the car in the P500 mode before it's warmed up?

This would mean gentle warm up with engine speeds that don't get near the red.

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

P400 or P500 should not make much difference as long as you don't rev too high.

Personally, I don't rev above 3000 RPM until the oil temp is up half way and 4000 RPM until the engine is fully warmed up.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I just tap the 'ol M button since my EDC, traction, shift speed and seat settings are also programmed there. I would hate the drive the M5 in D3 with P500!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Guys, in P500, not only you are getting more power but the acceleration response changes as well. Think of it like a mod with 100+hp gain with an ecu tune. Please try a search in the forum as I remembered reading a more detail description on the matter.

·
Registered
345 Posts
even if you could start your car is p500, is it p500 or p500 sport? i think just pressing the power button only gives u p500 and not sport throttle response. and u still wont have mdm without hitting the m button and to me, the car is useless without mdm or traction off completely cuz the traction control kicks in way too ofter. for me the most annoying lack of feature is that you cant program the active seats into your seat memory. u have to either press it 3 times every time or thru the m button.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Get a tune, they can program it to be left on when you turn the car off with it left on.

·
Registered
275 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I had the ECU tune which defaults the M button to P500, S6 and DSC off. If it is wet, then I can just manually turn DSC back on. Didn't know you can program it to start with P500. Though since it is just programming, anything should be possible. I can't stand driving in P400 and S3 at all, unless in heavy traffic.

·
Registered
114 Posts
my car starts in p500 as set by my tuner! :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts