BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2008 Beast with a 6MT and I have noticed that there is no "power button" near the shift knob, only an EDC button with two LEDS.
Does the 6 sp revert to P400 mode after each ignition shut off or can I simply select P500 Sport on the iDrive and use it as my default setting??

·
Registered
179 Posts
So I have a 2008 Beast with a 6MT and I have noticed that there is no "power button" near the shift knob, only an EDC button with two LEDS.
Does the 6 sp revert to P400 mode after each ignition shut off or can I simply select P500 Sport on the iDrive and use it as my default setting??

power button is the little M on the steering sheel :7:

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
power button is the little M on the steering sheel :7:
B00,
thank you! That leads me up to my followup question: When I am driving, I can turn off the M button and the P500 Sport setting still shows as being the selected setting on the iDrive screen? I suppose I may be doing something wrong? Thank God for M5Board! :biggrinbounce:

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
WoW is all i have to say to OP question. Does anyone research the car they are buying these days? Prior to owning E60 M5, I was very familiar with the car by doing my research, reading the manual (available online) and getting specs down to length/width how the car will fit in my garage. I guess i was anal about researching a car i was going to spend thousand of $$$$.

As for OP question. P400 program is activated when the engine is re-started by default SMG or 6SP (I wished BMW did not do this). You press the M button (steering wheel) to activate or unleash full power - P500 sport (assume already defaulted to P500 Sport in I-drive because who the hell has their M mode mapping on anything other than P500 sport) . Setting on I drive is irrelevant. What matters is the M mode you activate on steering wheel.
OP i am worried about you :eek:oohhh:

Reactions: bsze and DFrankm5

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WoW is all i have to say to OP question. Does anyone research the car they are buying these days? Prior to owning E60 M5, I was very familiar with the car by doing my research, reading the manual (available online) and getting specs down to length/width how the car will fit in my garage. I guess i was anal about researching a car i was going to spend thousand of $$$$.

As for OP question. P400 program is activated when the engine is re-started by default SMG or 6SP (I wished BMW did not do this). You press the M button (steering wheel) to activate or unleash full power - P500 sport (assume already defaulted to P500 Sport in I-drive because who the hell has their M mode mapping on anything other than P500 sport) . OP i am worried about you :eek:oohhh:
I downloaded the 2006 manual(using the link supplied here) before purchasing and just assumed the power button would be the same on the 6 SPD.
My bad.... :blush:

·
Registered
13,463 Posts
As long as the M mode is activated then who cares about all those other modes :)

Reactions: Benzin

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Holy [email protected]#!
This car in P500 Sport is unbelievable!!! Honestly, at triple digit speeds with the tac. in the 6-8 K range reminds me more of my open-class sport bikes. :hihi::M5launch:

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hello... Buttons chiming in here... I LOVE MY M BUTTON! Glad you got it, isn't it a blast!?!
It is amazing!
Just flat amazing. Fantastic car. lovelove

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Holy [email protected]#!
This car in P500 Sport is unbelievable!!! Honestly, at triple digit speeds with the tac. in the 6-8 K range reminds me more of my open-class sport bikes. :hihi::M5launch:

yeah holy [email protected]#! :7::7::7:

the best part about the s85 v10 will always be merging onto the highway downshift into second, redline 2nd, redline 3rd and hard into 4th triple digits and i usually back off around 145mph.
i used to do this all the time and one time i almost got caught with unmarked police car behind me..grrrrrrr thank goodness i saw him because i would have had a huge speeding ticket or my license suspended. Stay safe and watch out for cops pls.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Holy [email protected]#!
Wait until you tune it! Your smile will be even bigger.:biggrin:

·
Registered
IB DinanS2++ e60m5 6MT, Dogleg s38b38 e28m5 TT/ST3, e30 TT/ST4
6,395 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Add a SSK + 3.91 and you will be even happier!
I can believe it.
I also need to get rid of that blasted electronic top speed nanny on this thing. What a buzzkill! :grrrrr:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts