BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The OZ distributor sent me the attached photo of the Superleggera III rim in the matt tuner silver finish.
Does any one have this finish on their Superleggera rims?
I'm seriously considering this finish, but I'm not sure how it will look on my Sterling Grey Beast.
All opinions are welcome.
Thanks,

Attachments

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I think it looks very nice. One of the combinations that you have to be careful with is a black car with gray wheels, but that doesn't apply to your situation.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
I have the exact same rims on my Lemans car..i thought they only came in matte finish, so i even learned somehting.

Ive seen them on sterling...although it was on an m3. Ill see if i ican find the picture of the car over on m3forum in a litte bit..

here is mine

·
Banned
386 Posts
nice.... like the wheels

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
not butting in at all..they are off because the front bumper was repainted, and then since the car was to be detailed they were kept off to make waxing easier and less messy.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Howler,

I think the finish will look great with Sterling Gray. Unfortunately it's always difficult to make the final judgement until you see the wheels on your car in person!

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, from pics that are on this thread, I really like the setup.
I plan to purchase 9" on the front and 10" fro the rear.
I torn between putting the Goodyear Gt-1 or the Pilot SportII's.
I don't track the car so I would like a good wearing, good ride tire setup with good dry weather traction.
Any thoughts?

SC'dKellenersM5 said:
Bob...whats your take on them on Sterling?

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
I would say save your $$$'s that your spending on the wheels and just get the good years. You could also check out the Toyo T1's or if you wanted something maybe even a little less expensive but not giving up much except for that MAX performance that you would need for tracking, check out the Yokohamma AVS Es100 or the AVS db

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
SC'dKellenersM5 said:
check out the Yokohamma AVS Es100 or the AVS db
My 2 cents about Yokohama AVS ES 100, Great low $$$$, but very noisy. I had them on my 540i/6. The more miles I put on them the louder they got. At first the noise sounded like I had bad wheel bearings, after inspection by a mechanic he diagnosed the problem being the tires. I tossed the tires at about 5k miles - problem solved;)

·
Registered
648 Posts
I've seen them on a carbon black M5 and I must say they look amazing! Much better than the pictures suggest...

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
beemer thanks for the info....yoko's generally seem to be pretty loud tires. Their AVS Sport is really loud...although i think that their Db's are pretty quiet.

·
Registered
355 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts