BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found one that has low miles and is being sold for a very good price but can't decide if the color is going to work for me. It has black interior rather then caramel. I think the caramel would of ben the way to go but the black isn't that bad I guess.

Does anyone have any pics of a green M5 with aftermarket wheels that they can post?

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
I like it but sadly most people don't which means resale values are usually lower than other colours.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Oxford Green with Caramel Heritage Leather has been seen in the UK - and in a floruishing market of M5s it was for sale for sometime... I myself passed on it... even though I was desperate to get a beast at the time.

Not one for reselling - especially with the E60 coming round the corner ...

·
Registered
213 Posts
When I was hunting for my Beast, a dealer offered me an Oxford Green with extended green heritage leather, green carpets and allegedly green leather on the whole dash, oh yes and bur walnut trim - sheesh...Gentlemens Smoking Lounge on wheels mmmmmm ?????? I ran away screeming...

-Steve

·
Registered
31 Posts
I had a 2000 oxford/black sport interior M5 that I traded in on a 2003 new M5 at the time. In my opinion it is a very nice and understated combination. I got many positive comments from others.

You may be looking at the same car as this was a very rare color combination. If you need more info PM me or post the VIN.

Ra34

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Rampage said:
Gentlemens Smoking Lounge on wheels mmmmmm ?????? I ran away screeming...

-Steve
You crack me up Steve, but I would have laughed at that car too. hiha
IMO Oxford green is a wonderful color, and the only combo I would get caramel with, as I usually dont care for the caramel. Oxford on black would look very classy too, and I would jump on it if you care for the color combo. If not, there are many other beasts out there, so it isn't like if you dont get that exact car the sun wont come up tomorrow. Happy hunting for a good beast!
:cheers:

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well since the car is only a 2.5 hour drive from me I'm going to go check it out and see it first hand. I'll let you guys know what I think after I get back.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Oxford Green is a stunning colour choice. I found these pics from when I was colour shopping. If they are members cars, I hope it is OK to post.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
madyspop said:
I found one that has low miles and is being sold for a very good price but can't decide if the color is going to work for me. It has black interior rather then caramel. I think the caramel would of ben the way to go but the black isn't that bad I guess.

Does anyone have any pics of a green M5 with aftermarket wheels that they can post?
I really like Oxford Green on black, but the green hides the front grill too easily. I saw an M5 like that. Caramel is nice, but it gets dirty to easily and it's high maintenance to clean. I have an Oxford Green on black 528i. But, I really love my lemans blue M5. I love it when it looks purple in artifical light. I think oxford green would be my second color of choice.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well I just went and test drove the acr and i am very pleased with the looks and performance but still unsure if its really the color I am looking for.

My main objection is that its a 2000 rather then a 2001, I really like the steering wheel, headlights and larger nav screen on the 2001. These decisions really suck!

·
Registered
219 Posts
madyspop said:
Well I just went and test drove the acr and i am very pleased with the looks and performance but still unsure if its really the color I am looking for.

My main objection is that its a 2000 rather then a 2001, I really like the steering wheel, headlights and larger nav screen on the 2001. These decisions really suck!

Dont forget the tail lights too. The only thing I really like about the 2000s is the aluminium shift knob. I know that some 2001s had this but it was the early production ones.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
If the price is really right, maybe you can buy it and swap out the wheel, nav, and lights to 2001 parts?

I like the green color, especially with the dark tint...

:cheers:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts