BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 213 Posts

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am hoping this doesn't die right away but I've seen on other forums, color check-in's. I haven't seen too many on this board and since Oxford Green had only 132 (?) total ever made, I thought it would be cool to see how many still exist, their location, year, mileage, pictures, etc

I searched a bit and came up with a few usernames who (hopefully still) own Oxford Green M5's, maybe you guys will chime in :1::
The Green Beast
Reekoon
sunny///M5
Canuckle Head
pkrasusky
M5ForEver

I'll start:

1. JDAuria| Extended Caramel Nappa | Prod Date (09/99) - 2000 | 58k miles | 4th owner | Arlington, Virginia |

Fun Fact - Originally a Canadian car that was imported to United States in 2002. Has the updated grey cluster installed by BMWNA to be legal in the US. (kmph to mph) Still has the Canadian Car sticker under the hood.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I am hoping this doesn't die right away but I've seen on other forums, color check-in's. I haven't seen too many on this board and since Oxford Green had only 132 (?) total ever made, I thought it would be cool to see how many still exist, their location, year, mileage, etc

I searched a bit and came up with a few usernames who (hopefully still) own Oxford Green M5's, maybe you guys will chime in :1::
The Green Beast
Reekoon
sunny///M5
Canuckle Head
pkrasusky
M5ForEver

I'll start:

1. JDAuria| Extended Caramel Nappa | Prod Date (09/99) - 2000 | 58k miles | 4th owner | Arlington, Virginia |

Fun Fact - Originally a Canadian car that was imported to United States in 2002. Has the updated grey cluster installed by BMWNA to be legal in the US. (kmph to mph) Still has the Canadian Car sticker under the hood.
pkrasusky - I believe Paul sold his M5 to an owner in Massachusetts.

·
Registered
207 Posts
PICS SHOULD BE REQUIRED :haha:

For those of us who can't enjoy the color in person.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
pkrasusky - I believe Paul sold his M5 to an owner in Massachusetts.
Good to know! Maybe a new board member?

PICS SHOULD BE REQUIRED :haha:

For those of us who can't enjoy the color in person.
Yes i'll be hosting some pictures of my vehicle once I get home. Work blocks those hosting sites so I cant post pictures :/

**UPDATE** Pictures are up!

Reactions: bmw>benz

·
Registered
1,522 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
This thread is useless...

Without pics!

2002 Nowack conversion from new, originally owned by Sir Robert Mcalpine - he enjoyed it so much he managed to put 80k miles on the clock before selling! Now at 136k with an engine rebuild and steel sleeves, custom Evolve tune. Still driven daily :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Without pics!

2002 Nowack conversion from new, originally owned by Sir Robert Mcalpine - he enjoyed it so much he managed to put 80k miles on the clock before selling! Now at 136k with an engine rebuild and steel sleeves, custom Evolve tune. Still driven daily :)
Volk wheels look good! Your beast looks very dark, maybe its just the picture.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
2. wkd928 | 136k Miles | 2002 MY | City of Sails |
3. YucA | Complete Black Nappa Heritage | 2002 (04/02 I think!) | 132k miles | Miami, FL

Reactions: ///DeafM5

·
Registered
899 Posts
One of my favorite Beast colors. The only one I've ever seen in person was in Colorado Springs a couple years ago when I was there for work. It was headed west on Woodmen Rd in the early AM. The most distinctive thing about the car other than that wonderful green was a crest of some sort over the side marker on the front fender. Of course like most other days I see a Beast on the road, I was not in mine.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Nice thread ...

MyGreenBeast - located in southern Austria (I bought the car in Germany):

oxfordgreen II - interior extended nappa leather heritage english green - build in 2002 - 2nd owner since 2005 - at the moment about 97000 mls - fully optioned (incl. active seats, alcantara headliner and trunk, ...) and with some little mods incl Evolve alpha-N

As this thread is useless without pics and you all want some pics - here are some pics ...

MyGreenBeast in 2005:

the first sight before I bought the car - in the background my E34M5:

first day at home again together with the E34M5 :

in 2007 with new 19" one-piece-forged wheels:

and nowadays:

and together with a friends 2001 oxfordgreen II / englishgreen Beast (which is already sold for an E60M5):

and together with some other enthusiasts:

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
3. YucA | Complete Black Nappa Heritage | 2002 (04/02 I think!) | 132k miles | Miami, FL
4. sunny///M5 | Extended English Nappa Green Leather | 2002 | 97k miles | 2nd owner | Austria

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Theres one in Mass for sure... Parked next to it just this afternoon haha... Forgot to snap a pic
Possibly "Mini88"?

This one is for sale currently in NJ: E39 (NJ) 2001 E39 M5 Oxford/Caramel FS/Trade+cash

sunny///M5 - wow 1 of 3
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Production Numbers (by interior):
Schwarz: 3
Nappa Caramel: 71
Nappa EngGruen: 4
Nappa Schwarz: 12
Extended Schwarz: 5
Extended Imolarot: 8 (Never seen anyone with OG & this interior)
Extended Silverstone: 5
Extended Nappa Caramel: 21
Extended Nappa EngGruen: 3
Total: 132

·
Registered
222 Posts
Here is my Canadian M5.
This is a Pre Series Car.
It is the 20th North American car built in July 1999.
It is one of only 10 Oxford Green cars imported to Canada 2000-2003.
1 of 34 comfort seat, 1 of 4 Alcantara Trunk, 1 of 2 with the rear console and 1 of 1 with rear infotainment controls in armrest (North America).
Car also has chrome line, first aid kit and badge delete. It has Euro fog light set up too which I have not tested yet, but has the controls. Original owner picked the car up in Germany and drove it there for what looks like a year before bringing it back to Canada. The front Euro license plate bracket was still in the trunk when I bought the car.

Reactions: wkd928 and jdauria

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Didn't know only 10 Oxford Green M5 were imported to Canada. Makes mine one of them before importing to United States in 2002.

4. sunny///M5 | Extended English Nappa Green Leather | 2002 | 97k miles | 2nd owner | Austria
5. Canuckle Head | Caramel Nappa | Pre-Series '99 | Edmonton, Canada

·
Registered
222 Posts
Didn't know only 10 Oxford Green M5 were imported to Canada. Makes mine one of them before importing to United States in 2002.

Yeah, there is a guy on a Canadian BMW forum that has access to very detailed production numbers. He can give you breakdowns on specific options and color combinations if you want. Was able to give me numbers on my 2011 X5M and on my old 2012 M5 too.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah, there is a guy on a Canadian BMW forum that has access to very detailed production numbers. He can give you breakdowns on specific options and color combinations if you want. Was able to give me numbers on my 2011 X5M and on my old 2012 M5 too.
That sounds awesome, I think that would be beneficial for everyone not just this thread.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
More Pics

Heres a few more pics from the previous life, when she was in the UK/Europe.

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
Checking in here for the first time fellas, need to snap some proper pics after I get her cleaned up to my liking but I picked up a 2001 OG on nappa extended caramel a couple weeks ago from a member on here out of Connecticut. Can't say how overwhelmed I've been with the number of compliments I've gotten at the pump and even a private message from a member who spotted me today in the town I work in. We definitely have the classiest and beat color if you ask me.

I passed on an OG e34 m-sport shortly before picking up my recently totaled black on black 99 540i sport, damn towing company ripped the rocker clean off the car. But needless to say once I came across this baby I knew it was the proper replacement. I'll do my best to get some photos in here to fully introduce ourselves.

You guys have some gorgeous examples by the way, really digging the contrast some of you have on the interior with the black and caramel.

1 - 20 of 213 Posts