BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For those who have done the S2 package along with the Dinan stage # 1 lightened flywheel, just how much chatter noise does this flywheel make if any? I'd really appreciate your reply with details regarding the Dinan stage # 1 flywheel.
TIA.
Robert :cheers:

PS Im aware that the Dinan stage # 2 is very loud with its chattery characteristics, so I'd never do this particular flywheel but Im not sure if the stage # 1 is also loud and noisy.

·
Registered
797 Posts
FAST 5 said:
For those who have done the S2 package along with the Dinan stage # 1 lightened flywheel, just how much chatter noise does this flywheel make if any? I'd really appreciate your reply with details regarding the Dinan stage # 1 flywheel.
TIA.
Robert :cheers:

PS Im aware that the Dinan stage # 2 is very loud with its chattery characteristics, so I'd never do this particular flywheel but Im not sure if the stage # 1 is also loud and noisy.
Robert. Zero noise in my S2. How's your install coming along? Jeff

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Jeff,..............

Jeff,
The car is going into the shop tomorrow! Im very excited about finally getting this done & over with. After reading "Rob's" of UUC recent post on his answer regarding lightened flywheels, Im wondering whether or not I shouls also do the Dinan flywheel (stage # 1) OR should I leave the stock OEM flywheel in place??? Your thoughts on this please. One thing, if after spending all that money on the Dinan stage # 1 flywheel and I hear gear noise or as some call it "chatter" type sounds I'd absolutely freak out, since this is not what I desire, when driving the car. Your opinion and advise are appreciated.
Thanks.
Robert :confused:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Re: Hey Jeff,..............

No noise at all. A little smoother take up for around the town driving. No negatives. Like the whole package, it retains the refinement of the M5 when properly installed. :noSMG:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts