BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lovelovewell yesterday i picked up my beast (E60 M5)!!!!.Amazing car.but i have to say there is alot of technology maybe to much i dont know hwere to begin!!...i literaly have to spend a whole day to figure the car out..overwhelming........guess gone are the M-days where it was just motor, tranny, and u.....nothing in between.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Hello my friend! Don't be overwhelmed. It is really not as complicated as it may seem. Set your M-Drive settings. Set your EQ for your listening enjoyment. Start up your car. Push the M button on steering wheel. Insert your favorite CD or select your favorite iPod Song. Turn up the volume quite loud although not quite loud enough to bury the exhaust note completely. Drive away! As simple as that. All the rest is just the RTFM stuff. Enjoy your new beast!

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Seriously.............READ the manual like it was a John Grisham novel and use the M5 board when confused. No problem.......:dunno:

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
It definitely pays to read the manual for this car cover to cover. you will find a lot of neat little features and get much more enjoyment out of the car.

·
Registered
174 Posts
ant something complicated? I was in for service yesterday and got a 750Li as a loaner... I was still sitting there ten minutes later trying to get the radio to change from SAT to FM via iDrive... You've really got to read the manual these days....

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
+1 Manual makes for perfect bathroom reading

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I have found that precisely the same things that seemed overwhelming at first help keep this car interesting in the long run. There is-and never will be-a dull moment with the E60 M5. lovelove

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thax guys plan on spending this sunday afternoon to figure her out.....god!! i cant wait tillthe break in period is over!!!!!!!!!!!:M5launch::M5rev:

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
welcome!!!

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I remember reading the (European) manual that I downloaded a few months before I got the car. Helped tremendously, along with all the knowledge spewed forth on this board.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts