BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, after my disastrous first day of ownership http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e60-m5-e61-m5-touring-discussion/359050-first-day-m5-ownership-not-started-well.html

I thought I would introduce myself properly now I'm up and running so to speak. I had to replace the slave cylinder, clutch, release bearing and guide to fix the first days problems. Now the warranty is up and running the car is in at BMW for a new steering rack, arb drop links and a diff oil seal.

I was driving a Toyota Aristo as my road car but me and a few friends are doing a trip to the Nurburgring in August so I thought I would treat myself to something more capable straight out the box. I did want an Interlagos blue car but when I spotted this one in Indianapolis red I'd pretty much made my mind up.

So far I ordered a splitter and had it on for a day or two, its off just now until I make up a proper mounting plate as its gonna rip clean off with the current mounting screws. I've fitted a dension gw500 so I can have my music. Next up is a set of spacers to make it sit a bit better and then try not to spend a fortune on bits I don't need.

Here's a few photos from last weekend when I took a drive up Glen Esk. (I should add that I live in Scotland)

I've also got a few other toys, my VW T5 is my workhorse. Had to get it remapped the first day I bought it as well as it needs to be good for towing.

I also have my track car, I used to build a lot of things for people but spare time is rare these days so I just look after myself now. Just about to start on a new engine build. Got a v8 and a massive turbo to go in her, aiming for a nice safe 5-600hp when its done. :)

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
That interior though. :M5thumbs:

I see piano black trim but what's the official name color of the leather? Love it!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Love the wheels!

Welcome and glad you got things sorted. The M6 wheels look really great on the car....are they 19"? Also, what springs are you running...stance looks perfect-

·
Registered
581 Posts
Great look with the M6 wheels. I have the same ones on my car. Once you have the 12mm spacers on, they will look perfect.

Here's mine with the same wheels.

Reactions: Hotsauce and nicko

·
Registered
379 Posts
Looks like you live in beautiful country. Love that interior color in your "Beast". :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Very, Very Nice! Thanks for the intro, welcome to the family and I'm so glad to hear you and your German Supermodel have worked things out.

·
Registered
13,461 Posts
Welcome to the forum, glad you got most of the problems sorted out on the beast.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hay Dunkz, car looks awesome, love the colour/interior/wheels/splitter combo (basically love it all).
I read about your car problems a day or so before I bought mine! Ive had it about 2 weeks but only got it insured to drive yesterday.
Interestingly, my very first car was a Nissan 200sx, 170bhp and rear wheel drive, all I can say is, I learned a lot!!
I'll be posting up some pics of my new car to tonight too.

Like clarky_gtt, I'd also be keen to hear who your warranty is with, I went with the Mondial one through BMW which I hope is as quibble free as people suggest.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cheers guys, my warranty was through mondial. Will find out next week if it all goes smoothly or not.

Not sure what the interior colour is but it looks amazing, especially with the matching headliner.

Undecided if I'm going with the 10 or 12mm spacers, don't want it rubbing and have to take my arch roller to it.

I only had a quick glance at the springs when I was doing the gearbox and couldn't see any markings. Will get a wheel off and have a proper look soon but it definitely sits better than stock cars.

·
Registered
DinanS2+ e60m5 6MT, s38b38 e28m5 TT/ST3, e30 TT/ST4
6,253 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the Board!

·
Registered
769 Posts
Looks great! Very nice and not so "everyday" color combo :)
Welcome to the forum!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts