BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wanted to start a new thread for board members with magnaflows who have broken it in with over a 1,000 miles on the clock. I have over a 1,000 miles on my 14815's and sound just keeps getting better. The exhaust is a head turner no doubt! Comments I have received:

"Is that factory or after market? Sounds sweet"

"That is the perfect sound. Not too loud and obnoxious. Just right!"

"Unless I looked at your tips I couldn't tell that was after market (I should have had them mounted with engraving facing down). It's done right" <--- State Cop who pulled me over to check my window tint % :confused2 :1:

"Dude did you do something to your exhaust? It looks factory but sounds frickin awesome."

Board members with magnaflows post a picture and feedback you have received from spectators :)

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
These are exactly the things I wanted to hear. I'm still debating painting the cans black on mine, though.

·
Registered
193 Posts
These are exactly the things I wanted to hear. I'm still debating painting the cans black on mine, though.
I had the shop paint the front faces of my 14816's in a high temp flat black, makes them totally disappear. I don't think you need to paint the whole can.

To the OP, I have about 400 miles on my Magnaflow's and the tone has gotten better for me. When you mash it, it actually isn't too much louder than stock, but has a better note. I also LOVE the deep resonating drone around 1500-2000 rpms. When taking off from a stop, you get a real low grunt until you get past 2k.

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
I had the shop paint the front faces of my 14816's in a high temp flat black, makes them totally disappear. I don't think you need to paint the whole can.

To the OP, I have about 400 miles on my Magnaflow's and the tone has gotten better for me. When you mash it, it actually isn't too much louder than stock, but has a better note. I also LOVE the deep resonating drone around 1500-2000 rpms. When taking off from a stop, you get a real low grunt until you get past 2k.
Interesting idea (painting just the face). I notice the drone you're talking about with the stock. From what I hear, the drone really increases if you add an x-pipe.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Off the subject...Johns Hopkins - nice. My wife is a lawyer also and wants nothing to do with the M5. She'll even want to be around it less when I put on the 14815s (which I'll order in about 5 minutes).

Thought I'd mention that...why, I don't know.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Off the subject...Johns Hopkins - nice. My wife is a lawyer also and wants nothing to do with the M5. She'll even want to be around it less when I put on the 14815s (which I'll order in about 5 minutes).

Thought I'd mention that...why, I don't know.
Nice! Do what you gotta do bro!

·
Registered
255 Posts
I have over 2,000 miles on my 14816's and they sound great. Nice low rumble at low RPM's as mentioned before and with the windows down it sounds unbelievable. Would need to see pics of the flat black paint to decide if I like or not. The best coment that I've got is someone saying they thought I had a V12 under the hood. :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts