BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13,638 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
They are allready going with more than 10 % discount for new cars in germany at some places. 86kEuro instead of 97kEuro.

This refers to the latest "auto motor und sport" adv.-pages...
best regards,
dorsel

ps. bmw center munich has a silverstone M5 and a red M6 for display, actually. I have seen them yesterday. :15:

·
Registered
158 Posts
There´s also an Alpine white M6 with black piano interior on mobile.de
Absolutely insane & beautiful combo imho.

ouich ouich

Come to think of it, alpine- white should be the new Carlsberg. Probably the best M6 color in the world..

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
Why would there be so many used M5's (E60) allready? Discounts as well? This cannot be good.

Mark

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
To the older Board Members- were there this this many used E39 M5's for sale when they were first produced in 1999?

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
MAH said:
Why would there be so many used M5's (E60) allready? Discounts as well? This cannot be good.

Mark
I wonder if its the skyrocketing cost of gas?

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
greer said:
To the older Board Members- were there this this many used E39 M5's for sale when they were first produced in 1999?
There were lots of E39 M5s for sale before they were bought (i.e they were selling their position in line) but I don't remember there being that many for sale after the purchase. Anyone else care to chime in?

·
Registered
829 Posts
Up untill now I've only found 1 used M5 here in NL. Has run just 50km and he's asking 145k (opposed to 125k catalogue price) for it and I'm pretty much sure he's a speculator because in the pictures you can see another beast in the background.

Wasn't there a rule about this? Can't we report these people to BMW? Taking up allocations just to make a profit.

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
greer said:
Definitely NOT in CA, especially NOT in LA and SF area. Also, whatever available E39 M5s carried a $15k - $20k premium. NO discounts until mid 2002 that I recalled.

CP

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
rvacha said:
There were lots of E39 M5s for sale before they were bought (i.e they were selling their position in line) but I don't remember there being that many for sale after the purchase. Anyone else care to chime in?
These are probably the press and pre-release test cars that were available for media and promotional purposes.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Digi said:
These are probably the press and pre-release test cars that were available for media and promotional purposes.
so anyone want an almost new M5 that was beat to death and probably have a faulty oil pump, great deal!!:7:

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
chunpng said:
Definitely NOT in CA, especially NOT in LA and SF area. Also, whatever available E39 M5s carried a $15k - $20k premium. NO discounts until mid 2002 that I recalled.

CP
Keep in mind that back when the E39 M5 was released, the economy was in its "irrational exuberance" phase--at the height of the internet bubble--and lots of people had more money than they knew what to do with. The Porsche Turbo was bringing $50K premiums, and you had to wait 6 - 12 months for Carreras and Boxsters. Much different economy now.

·
Registered
213 Posts
m_five said:
Keep in mind that back when the E39 M5 was released, the economy was in its "irrational exuberance" phase--at the height of the internet bubble--and lots of people had more money than they knew what to do with. The Porsche Turbo was bringing $50K premiums, and you had to wait 6 - 12 months for Carreras and Boxsters. Much different economy now.
depends where you are, economy is back on the up and up for a lot of places. I don't know that fuel prices has much to do with it - if you have enough money to buy an M5 to begin with, fuel should be the last of your worries.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
chunpng said:

CP
Agreed! There were used E39 M5s for sale! plenty of them! They ALL carried a hefty premium up until mid 2001 in east coast

·
Registered
95 Posts
Digi said:
As are most of the 'nearly new' ones for sale in the UK and not necessarily at the dealer who had it on demo. Friend of mine went to look at one in Leeds (Black on Black, 4,000 miler) and it was the demo car from a dealer near Brighton. When he found out the history he decided to wait 9 months or so for his build slot to come round especially as there was only a couple of k discount off list.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Zenith said:
depends where you are, economy is back on the up and up for a lot of places. I don't know that fuel prices has much to do with it - if you have enough money to buy an M5 to begin with, fuel should be the last of your worries.
I agree cost of fuel doesn't come into the equation when buying a car in this price range--that's not what I was referring to. I was commenting on the quote below regarding CA pricing of E39 M5 (at height of internet bubble) with market today for E60 M5 (with lots less internet-millionaires-on-paper).

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunpng

CP

·
Registered
200 Posts
when I did a search on the internet before the E60 M5 was on the market, there where a couple of Germans that promised to sell you a new one for a price that was lower than the announced factory price.

The car wasn't even for sale at that moment. :confused2

Guust.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts