BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just returned from the Spartanburg Experience on June 03. I've posted more than 50 pictures up the web <a href="http://www.bmwregistry.com">here</a> </p>

·
Moderator Emeritus
5,150 Posts
Great pics! =)

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Kelvin, you were down there?! I must have missed you! I don't think you were in my group - we did the Biltmore estate the first day and then the track the 2nd Day.

I too had a great experience down there. Thanks for the pictures - I brought my camera but didn't feel like bringing it with me.

Were there any other Internet guys down there??

-Chris

·
Registered
43 Posts
Kelvin,
In the pictures, which were very good, you mentioned you had a good presentation on the techincal aspects of the engine, was any mentioned made of the VANOS noise at idle problem ?

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
Great stuff! THANK YOU for taking the time to post all the pics. Now I am even more excited to go - I'll be there 6/25 (eve) for 6/26,7 course.

Yes - please tell us what they said about oil consumption. How far down did they tear the engine while you were there?

Thanks again -

/Greg

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Thanks for the pics, I'm stoked.

Can Canadians register for this? I'd go down just to talk to the tech guy.

Alps

·
Registered
195 Posts
Kelvin,

The photos came out great ... they brought back memories of Spartanburg and reminded me of how much fun it was. I see your web site is coming along well.

Andy

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
No roadcourse time? Looks like you guys primarily did a safety school and a country drive. I would think for an experienced driving school driver it would be kind of elementary (not that there isn't always more to learn). I guess the tech session and lunch would be good but I thought you guys would get to put them through their paces.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I think the 'Driving School' was just right for the group. I too was expecting more of a 'school' than what I experienced, but I had just as much fun (if not more). BMW will be offering a 2Day M School in the future for more concrete track-related stuff.

-Chris

·
Registered
16 Posts
Great shots Kelvin! Unfortunatly it is not available to us in Canada. It is a shame because after seeing your pictures i really want to go. I will contact my dealer and see if it is possible to buy it. Thanks again Kelvin.

·
Banned
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Guys,

I've put up the video clips on the web. There will be more clips to come, featuring Day 2. I'll get them up by the weekend.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Great videos/pictures Kelvin!
I liked especially that autocross video, it's a shame that it was so short. Nice picture quality (videos), maybe bigger resolution would be even nicer. Keep on posting those great M5 vids and pics. Can't get enough of them

1 - 18 of 18 Posts