BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember a few years ago when Rondel had a series of letters from BMW owners complaining about the high prices from Griot's garage. I've bought a few items from them over the years and always thought "I'm willing to pay extra for the lifetime warrenty". I recently returned a oil/liquid extractor that I purchased a couple of years ago. The unit leaked a small amout of oil on my rubber mat that overflowed onto the carpet. Fortunately this occured on the return trip from disposing my old oil at Wal Mart. I called Griot's up and not only did they send a replacement with no questions asked, they sent a bottle of carpet cleaner to clean up (small) mess on my carpet. Outstanding customer service by anyone's measure.

I try to think of myself as a good shopper that knows when to spend a little extra for the right things. Looks like they've made me a customer for life!

Cal

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
cal said:
I remember a few years ago when Rondel had a series of letters from BMW owners complaining about the high prices from Griot's garage. I've bought a few items from them over the years and always thought "I'm willing to pay extra for the lifetime warrenty". I recently returned a oil/liquid extractor that I purchased a couple of years ago. The unit leaked a small amout of oil on my rubber mat that overflowed onto the carpet. Fortunately this occured on the return trip from disposing my old oil at Wal Mart. I called Griot's up and not only did they send a replacement with no questions asked, they sent a bottle of carpet cleaner to clean up (small) mess on my carpet. Outstanding customer service by anyone's measure.

I try to think of myself as a good shopper that knows when to spend a little extra for the right things. Looks like they've made me a customer for life!
I had nearly the same experience with them. My vacuum oil extractor decided one day to stop creating a vacuum. It seems there was a bad seal somewhere on the bottom of the unit. I called Griots to see if they had any replacement parts I could purchase. They sent me a brand new oil extractor.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Agreed. I just got a call today from Griot's "Frank" about an on-line order that I placed. He wanted to make sure that my special order was correct (custom carpets for the wifee's Caddy SRX). Many outfits would just ship product and take the chance.

I think (is it Richard?) Griot is one of us (over-the-top car-nut guy), but this guy really understands what customers want, not just thinks he knows what we want.

That said, I just rec'd a Porter-Cable Random Orbital buffer from one of his competitors for $129. Customer service is great and all, but Griot's wanted $199 - too much of a spread on that particular product.

:cheers:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts