BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

261 - 272 of 272 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Driveshaft part not figured out yet. There was a store in Dallas area that helped me with a drive shaft about 10 years ago in my Chevy small block into jag transplant. I’ll probably go ask them. Right now i’m Struggling with removing rear part of drive shaft. Probably requires a few blows with a dead hammer. But will look in tis to make sure I’m not missing the boat on something. Should have been easy, but with all bolts removed it Is not coming off easily

·
Registered
105 Posts
Driveshaft part not figured out yet. There was a store in Dallas area that helped me with a drive shaft about 10 years ago in my Chevy small block into jag transplant. I’ll probably go ask them. Right now i’m Struggling with removing rear part of drive shaft. Probably requires a few blows with a dead hammer. But will look in tis to make sure I’m not missing the boat on something. Should have been easy, but with all bolts removed it Is not coming off easily
Great to see many more members taking on this project, wish you an enjoyable time wrenching on your M5. For the rear driveshaft joint that goes into the differential, you'll see slots where you can put a prybar in between the driveshaft CV-joint and the flange of the differential pinion to pry it off.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Driveshaft and Transmission removed. Waiting on the tool arrival to remove flywheel and continue.
My e9X transmission came with a wiring harness. It has two connectors at the end - both are 12 pin, one is male the other female. Female is green in color and male is black in color - I believe the black is the 6021 - or so am I treating it as. I traced all the wires from the 6021 connector to the sensors on the transmission be sure that I do not assume.
In comparing with the wiring picture that CHARIOT created with his notes in post 103 for M5, I see the M3 harness has 4 differences as posted below. Can someone please confirm this or let me know if I'm mistaken somewhere.
Key things I noted:
One of the Trans temp sensor wire goes to slot 10 on the green connector that I plan on moving to slot 7 of the black 6021 male connector and then it will match with Chariot's diagram.
Chariot shows pin 1 & 3 of main shaft/RPM sensor going to 9 & 8 respectively of 6021 whereas my tracing of M3 harness shows 1 & 3 going to 10 & 9 of 6021
Chariot shows reverse light pin1 (Ground?) to 10 of 6021, whereas my tracing of M3 harness pin 1 going to 8.

Can someone please confirm if my observations are correct.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Zulfys - what flywheel are you using? I am about to install my E92 M3 gearbox with a single-mass flywheel, but the flywheel I was sent looks awfully to be the same as SMG. Seller claims it is the same for both SMG and 6MT though... Can anyone confirm or show side by side of flywheels (even if original). Do not want to end up on the lift with the wrong parts.

This is what i have: BMW M5 - M6 2005 -2010 S85 B50 Lite

·
Registered
16 Posts
That is what I have seen too yes, but the seller insists it would fit... :(
Can one use a flywheel also from S65 M3 (manual)?

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
That is what I have seen too yes, but the seller insists it would fit... :(
Can one use a flywheel also from S65 M3 (manual)?
My experience:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Read that thread yes, but could not find a 6-speed version LTW FW on clutchmaster website at all.
The S65 flywheel+clutch does not fit or noone tried?

·
Registered
6,139 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
My experience:
Zulfys - what flywheel are you using? I am about to install my E92 M3 gearbox with a single-mass flywheel, but the flywheel I was sent looks awfully to be the same as SMG. Seller claims it is the same for both SMG and 6MT though... Can anyone confirm or show side by side of flywheels (even if original). Do not want to end up on the lift with the wrong parts.

This is what i have: BMW M5 - M6 2005 -2010 S85 B50 Lite
I plan on using an m3 manual flywheel. It is totally different from the small

261 - 272 of 272 Posts