BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

261 - 263 of 263 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Driveshaft part not figured out yet. There was a store in Dallas area that helped me with a drive shaft about 10 years ago in my Chevy small block into jag transplant. I’ll probably go ask them. Right now i’m Struggling with removing rear part of drive shaft. Probably requires a few blows with a dead hammer. But will look in tis to make sure I’m not missing the boat on something. Should have been easy, but with all bolts removed it Is not coming off easily

·
Registered
105 Posts
Driveshaft part not figured out yet. There was a store in Dallas area that helped me with a drive shaft about 10 years ago in my Chevy small block into jag transplant. I’ll probably go ask them. Right now i’m Struggling with removing rear part of drive shaft. Probably requires a few blows with a dead hammer. But will look in tis to make sure I’m not missing the boat on something. Should have been easy, but with all bolts removed it Is not coming off easily
Great to see many more members taking on this project, wish you an enjoyable time wrenching on your M5. For the rear driveshaft joint that goes into the differential, you'll see slots where you can put a prybar in between the driveshaft CV-joint and the flange of the differential pinion to pry it off.

261 - 263 of 263 Posts