BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
"When first starting the car up in the morning, it sounds like a lion choking on a buffalo bone."

LMAO, I almost spilled my coffee reading this.

It's so true - I seriously get annoyed with my M's morning start moans and groans.

Is there a way to code out the cold start secondary air system without getting a tune?

"Almost every gas station owner in town recognizes me now."

This article is getting better and better.

"After Googling the phrase “Increased Emissions message on a terribly unreliable E60 M5”, I found that it could either be a bad O2 sensor or bad gas. Luckily after re-filling the gas tank, which I need to do every minute anyway, the message went away. Phew, it was bad gas."

Wonderfull, LOVE IT. This guy is an amazing writer.

"Despite the quirks that I have to put up with in this car, it is still one of the best cars I’ve ever driven. There is no better way to sum up the M5 driving experience other than to say that it’s simply fantastic. The unique combination of the superb handling along with the V10—oh my god the V10—makes the E60 M5 pretty special."

Well said, well done. This car is truly special in ways I cannot express.
I feel exactly how this writer feels, except I dont' have any warranty :)

Good read, Thanks for posting and for putting up with my post :)

·
Registered
168 Posts
As usual for Jalopnik, the comments are full of people who hate the idea of actually spending money on a vehicle in any way. Always cracks me up.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Liked and agreed with the article overall, pretty well written. Not really sure the guy is qualified to write it though since he's had the car for a month and plans to keep it less than 6 months.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Liked and agreed with the article overall, pretty well written. Not really sure the guy is qualified to write it though since he's had the car for a month and plans to keep it less than 6 months.
We all started like that! LOL!

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
My thoughts exactly!

And the comments from the "armchair" experts crack me up.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I always chime in when the E60 M5 pops up on Jalop. Usually to recount to insane amount of money NAC (bless their hearts) paid out the 4 years their warranty was in force on my 06, and that they (NAC) stopped writing warranties for S85 cars just a short time after I bought mine. I also speak of how much I love the car, with all of it's quirks.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I always chime in when the E60 M5 pops up on Jalop. Usually to recount to insane amount of money NAC (bless their hearts) paid out the 4 years their warranty was in force on my 06, and that they (NAC) stopped writing warranties for S85 cars just a short time after I bought mine. I also speak of how much I love the car, with all of it's quirks.

Mine's back in the shop for the DSC/ABS module failing. Assurant has already paid out about 50% more than I paid them for my warranty. This repair alone will be more than what I paid, though.

Great purchase on my end.

·
Registered
682 Posts
At least he pointed out that one of his friends was going to sell the one he had to get a newer one (my own future plan) and that he gets it now.

He better be careful or he will be stuck even after the warranty :wink

:cheers:

Jim

1 - 10 of 10 Posts