BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
probably, some taxi driver in Baghdad now has a beautiful pair of front bucket seats, and perhaps the side view mirrors found their way onto a donkey cart. not making light, it's a sad photo on many levels.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Do those cars actually use a rubber timing belt, that's sort of lame. I wonder what a Ferrari timing belt replacement costs?

Regards

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
ya know what...good! I wonder how he got it anyway. If Ferrari sold it to him directly, I would be ashamed of Ferrari because its been known for a long time that he was a muderous human of a horrible family and they should have some ethics.

·
Registered
68 Posts
jhowton said:
Do those cars actually use a rubber timing belt, that's sort of lame. I wonder what a Ferrari timing belt replacement costs?

Regards

At least the timing belt is readily accessible at the front of the engine. If I remember correctly my 512 Boxer's timing belts were right against the firewall, thus necessitating the removal of the engine to change the belts.

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
SC'dKellenersM5 said:
ya know what...good! I wonder how he got it anyway. If Ferrari sold it to him directly, I would be ashamed of Ferrari because its been known for a long time that he was a muderous human of a horrible family and they should have some ethics.
Yeah, and I am sure that anyone of us would refuse to sell to a member of the Hussein family when they were in power with a network of operatives.

Life's too precious to risk my family to make such a statement. I am not in a position to do so, so it is moot.

But really, it is easy to shame Ferrari (or any other vendor who sold to them) but it comes down to an individual with a family making the decision.

Ard

PS I just heard that 700 election workers in Iraq just quit... every single one.. following the execution of some workers in the street. I do not blame them one bit.

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Sorry to burst the bubble here but ferrari or any other company only follow the law of economics. Its simply supply and demand. Plus Ferrari might have a dealer in Iraq, definetly in Kuwait so you think he cant send someone down with a cheque or gun to purchase a car :3:

And before anyone jumps and says ferrari has to look at the consumer's background before selling him a car. My answer is that was never done before nor is expected to happen in the future. They are in business not politics.

Just my 2 cents...

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
It's sad to see a Ferrari end up in that state regardless of who owned it :sad3:

·
Registered
6,354 Posts
Are those Brembo's??? Stupid idiots! How could they leave the Brembo's ?

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Seriously, take the whole car! Then again it might have been an angry mob of people, but still!
I also dont think there should be any shame of Ferrari if they sold it to him. Who cares, as it is a unit moved and more money in their pockets. Not to mention there are a lot of people out there with horrible backgrounds who drive all types of cars.
Poor poor car, it deserved a better life than that.
:cheers:

·
Registered
6,354 Posts
BmwNut said:
Seriously, take the whole car! Then again it might have been an angry mob of people, but still!
I also dont think there should be any shame of Ferrari if they sold it to him. Who cares, as it is a unit moved and more money in their pockets. Not to mention there are a lot of people out there with horrible backgrounds who drive all types of cars.
Poor poor car, it deserved a better life than that.
:cheers:
It did have a better life. A life full of luxury, entoxication, womenising etc

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I've already seen the pics on fchat, it's sad to see a Ferrari in such a bad state, but remember that it's just a car, worse things have happened in Iraq then just some people (US soldiers?) who strip down a not-unique car. And I think Ferrari has every right to sell their cars to whoever pays them the right money.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts