BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is OT but hopefully it can stay up for a little while...

Well, my girlfriend and I went out to the west side of LA this evening to catch a movie and have dinner at In N Out in Westwood. After dinner we took some side streets to get over to Sunset avenue. As we passed a hotel, a new Bently Continental GT caught my eye. As we got closer I noticed a small silver car parked just behind it and began to say to myself "No, it can't be..." Sure enough, it was a 1995 McLaren F1 road car. Amazing car and immaculate (as it should be!). After drooling for a few minutes we continued and made it to Sunset (the residental area, not the clubs). No more than 2 minutes after leaving the F1 I see a set of very low headlights heading toward me quite quickly. As it got closer it began to resemble a new Merc SL, however as soon as it passed I checked my mirrors and sure enough, it was the new Mercedes SLR. The growl from its tail pipes confirmed what I had seen. Pretty spectacular but nothing outshines an F1. My all time favorite car!

What a great night! :noSMG:

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
M5Ted said:
This is OT but hopefully it can stay up for a little while...

Well, my girlfriend and I went out to the west side of LA this evening to catch a movie and have dinner at In N Out in Westwood. After dinner we took some side streets to get over to Sunset avenue. As we passed a hotel, a new Bently Continental GT caught my eye. As we got closer I noticed a small silver car parked just behind it and began to say to myself "No, it can't be..." Sure enough, it was a 1995 McLaren F1 road car. Amazing car and immaculate (as it should be!). After drooling for a few minutes we continued and made it to Sunset (the residental area, not the clubs). Pretty spectacular but nothing outshines an F1. My all time favorite car!

What a great night! :noSMG:
That's why I always have a camera close by.. unfortunately you're much more likely to see supercars out there in LA.. BMWs and Mercs are a dime a dozen.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have seen Jay Leno driving his F1 around that area. He lives up the hill from the Beverly Hills Hotel. He let a friend of mine sit in it at a gas station in Studio City.

·
Banned
1,449 Posts
CBM5 said:
I have seen Jay Leno driving his F1 around that area. He lives up the hill from the Beverly Hills Hotel. He let a friend of mine sit in it at a gas station in Studio City.
Carlos Santana let me sit in his silver Z8 at Sonnen BMW.Does that count for anything?Yes!:M5launch:

·
Registered
516 Posts
Gustav said:
Looks nice Ag02. You didnt race him I hope ;)
Haha.

No. This was in Hermosa beach. I was in the Lincoln Aviator rental...and let's just say handling and power...well...umm...SUCK! :wroom:

R

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.