BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Guys - ex-board member Greg here ('00 M5, no longer with me.)

I'll make a long painful story short. A rat invaded the engine compartment of my '07 530i - and chewed through a knock sensor wire (at least I think that's what it is) so the check engine light is on. The problem is the sensor is under the intake manifold making it very hard to get to. The manifold has to come off and there is a LOT of stuff connected to it. I don't want to make a lot of extra work for myself, since I have to remember how to put it back together.

If anyone has the TIS and could make a PDF or equivalent of the relevant sections for me (probably "removing the intake manifold") I would be very grateful. I'm not on this board much any more so if you can help, best to contact me off-line at [email protected]

P.S. - They got my girlfriend's '06 325i too - chewed through the outside air temp thermometer wiring, among other things. My blood pressure is still elevated - because they aren't as easy to get rid of as you might think. Brazen little bastards.

Thanks in advance

/Greg

·
Registered
6,520 Posts
Best I can do is the TIS for an '04 (no need for later since my car is an '02 :)) 530 w/ an M54 engine. I tried to give you all the supporting documents as well - hopefully you can disconnect the battery yourself since I skipped that one :)

I've emailed it to you - I hope it helps. If not, then I hope someone else can!!

d-

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Hi Greg,

Hope all is well. I know that most rat related problems arrising inside your garage should be covered under your home owners insurance policy if you do end up needing to go bring it to the dealer. Please let us know how you make out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts