BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Member ranum_m5 friend made this McLaren F1. History is as follows:

"The story is that my friend and a partner bought the car together and brought it to the U.S. It was sold to another party. The car was sent back McLaren where they painted the car in that Orange colour. McLaren also put in a new interiour and tons of carbon fibre parts. They also installed a new audio system and an mp3 player with a capacity of 3000 songs. The system works over speakers and head phones with an integrated cell phone which works only via the drivers headset. I.e. someone calls while listening to music, the volume lowers and the driver can talk on the phone thorough the mic that is integrated in the headset. The passenger headsets also have mics, however, this is for communication with the driver only. The car also have special wheels made only for that car. They cost USD 20 000,- Bascially the owner spent USD 250 000,- upgrading the car. He also made a Hummer H2 in the sane colour the hauls the car with.

The options are as follows:

• EPA - DOT Compliant, Integrated communication system, CDMA & GSM phone
  • 3way intercom w/headsets, 2 way radio, Noise cancelling headsets
  • Removable F1 steering wheel
  • Matching orange toolkit
  • One of a kind Orange Kandy paint
  • Black and orange interiour
  • World wide navi system
  • Wide screen video monitor
  • 100gb MP 3 system(20k + songs)
  • upgraded A/C
  • Oversized radiator & fans
  • Xenon lights
  • Carbon fiber kickplates and doorpulls
  • front and rear radar detector
  • custom matched luggage
  • color matched engine, wide view racing mirrors
  • special wheels . At a total cost of USD 250 000,- all work done at McLaren.

The Hummer can be seen here:

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=47565&highlight=mclaren+hummer

·
Registered
185 Posts
I saw this F1 and Hummer H2 on TV this weekend. I think the show was "million dollar motors" but I can't be sure since I watch so many programs about cars.

I think I liked Joe Rogan's "sick fish" Barracuda on Rides more then the orange F1.

·
Registered
240 Posts
The sick fish was bad but if I had my choice I couldn't resist the F1. With that kind of money I could get a couple of custom rides. Maybe someday:haha:

·
Registered
648 Posts
I must say, this orange color looks much better in pictures than it does in person. I had a chance to see this car at Concorso Italiano a few years ago and it's really an odd color. Too loud IMO. ..but then again it's a McLaren. I'd drive a bright pink one. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts