BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dinan tunes the BMW M5 to 675 badass horsepower. Power cost about $4000. Amazing.

Just thought there might be some interest for the car enthusiasts here.......

Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
12,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I brought this to Ray's attention a few weeks ago. I think he already had in installed.

--Peter
Hard to use "bargain" and "Dinan" in the same sentence, but 115 hp for $4k?:thumbsup: I assume a lot of boost tuning going on here........

Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Not surprised, this is still way way below what the car can actually do.

Expect bolt on kits between 800 -1k HP (bigger IC, bigger turbo's, bigger fuel injectors, meth, headers/exhaust).

If we make over 500hp (Peter is making more, lol) with a SC on a high compression engine that originally made ~355-375hp, OEM low compression TT M5 F10 can make 800hp without breaking a sweat.

·
Registered
7,328 Posts
Not surprised, this is still way way below what the car can actually do.

Expect bolt on kits between 800 -1k HP (bigger IC, bigger turbo's, bigger fuel injectors, meth, headers/exhaust).

If we make over 500hp (Peter is making more, lol) with a SC on a high compression engine that originally made ~355-375hp, OEM low compression TT M5 F10 can make 800hp without breaking a sweat.
The problem here is the tuning and to date, no one has been able to break the factory software. Even Dinan is using a "piggyback". I think only when you can break the code, then you can upgrade the turbos to get to the higher outputs.

Reactions: havasusteve03Beast

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Apple said the same thing.

I am referring to encryption. There is no such thing as unbreakable.

Patience....

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: gsfent

·
Banned
3,793 Posts
Apple said the same thing.

I am referring to encryption. There is no such thing as unbreakable.

Patience....

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Lexus IS-F ECU hasn't been broken yet and it has been 7 years about.

In order for us E39 guys to keep up with the new comings is to build motor, light weight connecting rods, light pistons, balanced and blue printed with a pair of high boost SC. :)

I will shed another 100 pounds off of mine car which will put it at 3790 lbs, and that will bring me close to the power and weight ratio of the new M3. Wheels 30lbs, brakes 20lbs, CF hood 15lbs, CF trunk 15lbs, LW battery 15lbs ,this should bring me down to 3790. I will not remove stereo as i love listening to music, so not sure what else can be removed. I think this is as light as it gets, well l

·
Registered
3,782 Posts

·
Registered
8,722 Posts
Heruber:
I hope all is well
I have to say that the F10 with the Burger is legit
Apologies as I am not trying to jack the thread
B
He lives! Hey big guy! So great to see you on the board! I still have your torque wrench! In town all weekend and would love to see you. Hope the boys are well.

Yes, I drove Ray's F10 M5 from NYC down to Adam's garage in Maryland and back, and in nearly stock form, that car is an absolute monster. With a tune, I can only image how fast it would be!

--Peter

1 - 12 of 12 Posts