BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post in many months. Hi all. Happy summer.

Just was curious as to if anyone else took note that Dinan has released the S3 M3 kit before the S3 M5 kit and they've had a year's head-start on the M5...

Anyway, the thing is expensive - as we'd expect. But it looks neat. Any takers?

http://dinancars.com/NewProducts.asp

-Matthew

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
MT JTN said:

Just was curious as to if anyone else took note that Dinan has released the S3 M3 kit before the S3 M5 kit and they've had a year's head-start on the M5...

-Matthew
$12k plus install (28 units equal 2.8 hours?)? That doesn't sound so bad, only mandatory option is exhaust and I don't see any prerequisite like M5 requirements. M5 is $60k with S2 prerequisite. Big difference. I must be missing something.......
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
992 Posts
MT JTN said:

-Matthew
I disagree - the S3 package for the e39 has been available for a few months now.

They have completed 2-3 cars now - see the thread http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=54389

I agree, it is wicked expensive!

·
Registered
992 Posts
gsfent said:
$12k plus install (28 units equal 2.8 hours?)? That doesn't sound so bad, only mandatory option is exhaust and I don't see any prerequisite like M5 requirements. M5 is $60k with S2 prerequisite. Big difference. I must be missing something.......
Regards,
Jerry
When I spoke to Eric Bateman at Dinan he stated it was $60k from STOCK, not S2.

Maybe I was just getting a deal?! :haha2:

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
SCORPIO said:
When I spoke to Eric Bateman at Dinan he stated it was $60k from STOCK, not S2.

Maybe I was just getting a deal?! :haha2:
I was looking at the link above for supercharging an M3. $12k plus install sounded downright reasonable!!! Can you say "Dinan pricing" and "reasonable" in the same sentence without choking?? :1: :cheers:
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
To do the S3, you need the S2 stuff, so thats 27k, then the 30k in s3 stuff, so the total is 60kish....Really sad price.

12k on the m3 is a fair price.

The big diff in price comes from the market, dinan knows the m3's are everywhere a dime a dozen basically...The m5 is rare and the Guy that will mod is M5 to a s/c level right now is even more rare.

·
Super Moderator
10,462 Posts
Jayson said:
The big diff in price comes from the market, dinan knows the m3's are everywhere a dime a dozen basically...The m5 is rare and the Guy that will mod is M5 to a s/c level right now is even more rare.
I think Jayson nailed it here. THere is a very different market for the m3 vs the M5. The price point is a big deal if dinan wants to sell any s/c kits.

As an aside, i saw a post, where was it, on m3forum.com about a guy who's dad just got his S3 m5 delivered. It was customer car #1.
Mike

·
Registered
992 Posts
gsfent said:
I was looking at the link above for supercharging an M3. $12k plus install sounded downright reasonable!!! Can you say "Dinan pricing" and "reasonable" in the same sentence without choking?? :1: :cheers:
Regards,
Jerry
Sorry! I was referring to your $60k from S2 for the M5 statement.

I do like your last sentence though - Dinan and reasonable... :haha:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.