BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this probably doesn't belong here, but since this forum is the most visited, I decided to post here. Gustav, please move this post if need be.

I'm having difficulties navigating the forums, as my back button only responds after clicking on it 5 or 6 times. Annoying because often times I end up "further back" than intended. This goes for my desktop and laptops at home and my pc at work.

Anybody else noticed this?

Thanks.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I,ve had trouble using back button.
Has there been maintenence going on.
My trouble has been using internet explorer for this but Mozilla seems ok!!!
Any ideas,(im not a pc boff...... sorry)

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Chrome here, no probs, though not through a work proxy, or any proxy at home.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
No problems here: Win 7 Pro and newest Mozilla. Works fine on my Android phone also.

-Josiah

Edit: I should add that I am using Win XP Pro and IE7 at work with no issues.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Backspace button on this site here only serves to drop me down to the bottom of the page instead of acting as a "back" button. Strange. Although my browsers back icon works ok

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
internet explorer is the problem. I'm semi-forced to use it in the office (firefox freezes with larger images), and it does it. However, Firefox always works as it should.

IE also does this to me on Bimmerforums.com.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
IE tends to PREFER pages and sites to be written in it's own specific syntax, whereas 3rd party browsers are more lax in what they will put up with. The joys of IT.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Same problem here, Win 7 and IE.

The problem does not actually appear to be the 'Back' action, but the action of selecting something. When you select a thread, this one for example, three extra URLs get added to the history list (http://www.m5board/.com/openx/www/delive), selecting them appears to do nothing except convert the ULR in the 'Forward' list to "HTTP 500 Internal Server Error", so you actually have to hit 'Back' four times to get back to where you were.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Seems to be a browser issue indeed, have XP at work, and Windows 7 Home and Home Premium 64 bit at uh...home. Working with both IE8 and IE 9, same problem.

I noticed however if I hover my mouse pointer over the back button, it displays a text which ends with "=INSERT_RANDOM_NUMBER_HERE" (without the semicolons).

No idea if that's normal or not, never seen it before (but maybe I didn't pay attention at the time).

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Same problem started yesterday morning tried at home same issue, XP & Win 7 @ home with IE

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
If using IE, or if you have no choice, try the compatibility mode in IE8, IE9 doesn't seem to have it, jjst had a quick peek.

But yes, down to syntax sensitivity, I think.

·
Registered
12,961 Posts
Same problem (IE and Win 7) over the last few days. Seems to be having problems seeing some of the website addons, so it confused into thinking each of the addons is a separate page. If I go back about 3 times, it seems to work, as if it is going back over each of the addons as a separate page.

But, this is recent, so there must have been an update to the website, as my computer has not been changed in the last few days.
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Maybe it is stuffed too much with social network plugins...:hihihi: Hopefully Gustav looks into it, it kinda spoils the good old hasslefree browsing I always enjoyed here.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Use Firefox

I had the same issue using IE which is why I always carry a spare browser on my laptop. I have 2, Firefox and Chrome.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Gustav, are you still working on the problem ? i still have issues wih the back button function trough IE

the google add always says not found and i have too click 4 times too get back too the main page..

no big deal but its anoying though.

thanks.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Glad to hear it's not just me that has this problem.....althought, there goes the excuess to justify the purchase of a new computer.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
I have also had the same problem all month. Work, home, doesn't matter. I just find myself scrolling back to the top and clicking the forum link again, annoying as it never used to be this way, and only happens on this website. Also, the main ad above and below the posts comes up as "the website cannont display.. blah blah"

1 - 20 of 43 Posts