BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is in it's garage until the snow and salt go away, I'm driving my SUV which I hate, it's 7 degrees (F) outside, and its going to snow more Wednesday..........I need a diversion!

Who can give me their opinion on driving shoes? I'm looking for a pair for casual driving (and wear) as well as a few track events. Piloti and Oakley look pretty good to me, but I would like some opinions, and this board is a great place to get them!

Thanks in advance,

Bill

·
Registered
13,638 Posts

·
10,455 Posts
I have a set of pilioti's that I bought while at a drivers school sears point one november a couple years ago(my feet were really cold!) and in my size (13) they just seem so big and wide. I recently picked up a pair of Puma's at my local nordstrom (they are their driving shoe) which have a much thinner sole and are significantly narrorwer, which i really like while driving. They've become my favorite 'day off' shoe.
Mike

·
Registered
797 Posts
SouthshoreM5 said:
My car is in it's garage until the snow and salt go away, I'm driving my SUV which I hate, it's 7 degrees (F) outside, and its going to snow more Wednesday..........I need a diversion!

Who can give me their opinion on driving shoes? I'm looking for a pair for casual driving (and wear) as well as a few track events. Piloti and Oakley look pretty good to me, but I would like some opinions, and this board is a great place to get them!

Thanks in advance,

Bill
I have a pair of blue low profile Oakleys. They are extremely comfortable to drive in. They look cool too. (Some may say over the top). Jeff cherrsagai

·
Registered
214 Posts
TOD's

SouthshoreM5 said:

Thanks in advance,

Bill

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Puma Speedcats.

Excellent tactile feedback when working the pedals. Low profile and readily available, they have been very comfortable on our all day drives. I feel that they provide more than adequate support for my 6'1" 190 frame, contrary to what others have noted.

They work very well as Kung Fu/Wushu shoes as well.

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
schnelleM5 said:
Puma Speedcats.
The M5's pedals are a mile apart, every time I take the thing to the track and put on my driving shoes (Pyrotects) I d*mn near put my foot between the pedals, and end up going back to my running shoes to get the wider sole.

I've just been too lazy to make a wider face for the gas pedal, but I'll get to it sometime in the next month. Nice thing about doing this yourself with a $1 piece of 3/16in ABS and four flat socket-head capscrews is that you can make the thing EXACTLY as wide as you want it.

·
10,455 Posts
schnelleM5 said:
Puma Speedcats.

Excellent tactile feedback when working the pedals.
:cheers:
these are the ones i was talking about! Couldn't remember their name.
Mike

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys, I'll get bundled up (it was 1 degree F this morning) and check out these!

Bill

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Bill:

I have a set of the Puma Speedcats and am happy with them as an all around shoe. While they work well for driving and heel and toe techniques, a nice Tod's loafer is still very hard to beat IMO. Hope all is well with you and the family and try to stay warm.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Doug - I bet you still kick my a** on the track! ouich

doug said:
Hey Bill!

Looks like you're getting ahead of me for the next track session! I still have to get a helmet as well as shoes (and gloves!).
:wroom:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts