BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:1zhelp:!

I've searched here, on x5world.com and on e46fanatics.com and have not been able to figure out why my nav computer REFUSES to read any OS update disc I put into it. I'm in IT, so I know how to burn an image to disc, it's not that, trust me. I've tried diffrent versions of the OS images, I've tried diffrent media from diffrent manufacturers, everything.

Does anyone know if the MKII's are sensitive to reading burned discs? Has anyone here successfully updated a MKII before?

Any help would be appreciated!

-Jeff

>As a side note, if anyone has a link to an updated NAVTEQ disc image for Canada, it would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
:1zhelp:!

I've searched here, on x5world.com and on e46fanatics.com and have not been able to figure out why my nav computer REFUSES to read any OS update disc I put into it. I'm in IT, so I know how to burn an image to disc, it's not that, trust me. I've tried diffrent versions of the OS images, I've tried diffrent media from diffrent manufacturers, everything.

Does anyone know if the MKII's are sensitive to reading burned discs? Has anyone here successfully updated a MKII before?

Any help would be appreciated!

-Jeff

>As a side note, if anyone has a link to an updated NAVTEQ disc image for Canada, it would be much appreciated.
Ok, I know you are in IT, but did you use the correct ISO mode? One of the MK units required ISO2 instead of ISO1.

Other than that question the only advice I can offer is that the older units are very very very sensitive to media - I can only suggest you use a different brand of CD and keep trying...

d-

ps. As for Navteq images, posting a link would, of course, violate international copyright laws and get Gustav in trouble. You might try posting this question over at www.scrapetorrent.com.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, I know you are in IT, but did you use the correct ISO mode? One of the MK units required ISO2 instead of ISO1.

Other than that question the only advice I can offer is that the older units are very very very sensitive to media - I can only suggest you use a different brand of CD and keep trying...

d-

ps. As for Navteq images, posting a link would, of course, violate international copyright laws and get Gustav in trouble. You might try posting this question over at www.scrapetorrent.com.
Thanks for the tip on ISO mode! I didn't see that anywhere else, as as such, I will give that a try and report back.

I have used diffrent brands of CD's, no luck there, but I will try to couple that with the ISO mode tip and see if that helps me.

Ah yes, thats right, I almost forgot about the copyright nazi's. Sorry Gustav. I'll try my query at the site suggested, but if anyone has any further "ideas" ;), feel free to PM me with them or send to my email, phyber [at] 311c [dot com].

Thanks!

-Jeff

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ISO Mode 2 did the trick! Thanks very much!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts