BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my 02 from a BMW dealer--prior owner did not keep the original "sticker"---it was not in the papers provided at purchase--including copies of the three service intervals

Any of you know if you can somehow find out from the VIN or some other factory code or number how the car was ordered and what factory options came with it?

Also if you can ever obtain a copy of the "maroney" sticker--as we say for GM cars?

Also--is there a reference you can look up for the "codes" listed on the dealer printout of the services performed prior to my purchase from the BMW dealer?

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
MarinM5 said:
Any of you know if you can somehow find out from the VIN or some other factory code or number how the car was ordered and what factory options came with it?
You can contact BMW Mobile Tradition through BMW CCA and obtain a nice printed "Zertifikat" or Certificate, that will provide chassis no., paint, engine no., options, manufacture date, date of delivery, from the historical archives.

I forget the cost for this, perhaps $40.

I have one for my M5. There is probably a cheaper way.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Ronin M5 said:
I forget the cost for this.
The fax number for requesting a BMW Mobile Tradition Production Certificate is 410-451-7891, or at least, was at the time I ordered mine.

Cost was $90, not $40, like I originally guessed.

It took about 4 weeks, I think.

·
10,455 Posts
you can also go to any dealer and they can print out the car's history, which will include all of the factory options, and the current owner in the bmw system. (i.e. if you do this before you purchase the car, you can get info on the previous owner). I've gotten these from my bmw salesman on past used car's i've purchased.
Mike

·
10,455 Posts
The fax number for requesting a BMW Mobile Tradition Production Certificate is 410-451-7891, or at least, was at the time I ordered mine.

Cost was $90, not $40, like I originally guessed.

It took about 4 weeks, I think.
bringing back up an old thread. I saw this certificate on the dash of MarinM5's car at concorso italiano last weekend and thought it would be cool to have.
Did a little seach and found this:http://www.bmw.com/generic/com_04/en/fascination/discover/history/mobiletradition/_pdf/Certificate_order_form.pdf

will be placing my order for the e39 and e34, will let you know if it works...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That was my car/dash--I got the certificate idea at the Club corral from a rep present from BMW NA at historics several years ago--but I lost the contact info

So thanks for resurrecting it for me--I now can get one for my 97 540i 6spd and my 99 540i touring

I think it was as I recall through BMW Mobile Tradition

Marin M5

·
Registered
212 Posts
bringing back up an old thread. I saw this certificate on the dash of MarinM5's car at concorso italiano last weekend and thought it would be cool to have.
Did a little seach and found this:http://www.bmw.com/generic/com_04/en/fascination/discover/history/mobiletradition/_pdf/Certificate_order_form.pdf

will be placing my order for the e39 and e34, will let you know if it works...
Back from the dead.

The link above is a dead link. But I did find this page: BMW motorcycle technical tips & techniques. Wondering if that fax # and order process is still active? Cuz the link on the page (http://www.bmw-online.com/) is dead.

I found this: Mobile Tradition Production Certificate ...??... showing how Mobile Traditions can provide you with your car's build spec. But for like $90!

But it also looks like you can get a full list of your vehicle's details and included options from BMW ETK (BMW parts catalog BMW ETK 2015 VIN decoder) via the VIN Decoder function, and it's immediate AND free. Not sure if the dealer report would provide anything more?

I also found that you can use this website: Print Automotive Window Stickers | MonroneyLabels.com to generate your (as close to the original) Monroney Label (window sticker), sales & optional equipment prices included! But they need your option list, cuz they don't have the VIN decoder info. So using the BMW ETK info and providing it to Print Automotive Window Stickers | MonroneyLabels.com, you can generate as close to an original window sticker as possible.

That's the best/closest I've found to getting a replacement for your original sticker.

Anyone else have any ideas/suggestions for this?

TIA!

·
Registered
195 Posts
If you just want to get the specifications of your actual car as built, and are not trying to replicate a Monroney window sticker, it can be done easily and for free. Go to the website BMWarchive.org, you will see a box titled BMW VIN decoder, type in the last seven letters/numbers of the VIN of your car. It will take you to another site where you will once again enter the last seven letters/numbers of your VIN, and you will get a complete read-out of what options your car was built with, the build date, colors, and other interesting information specific to your car. Hope this helps!

Bill

·
Registered
212 Posts
Thanks for the posts, but I'm not looking for VIN Decoders. The build spec sheet is readily available (as others have mentioned) via the online VIN Decoders. It's getting the original Window Sticker (aka Monroney Label) or something close to it that I'm after, and wanted to see if anyone had a better source for.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts