BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
for the people who have tried if i wanted to order a rear diffuser from the guys at alpina or any body piece for the matter would i have to provide a part number of a exchange, i think you see where iam going with this, does the same apply to an engine block, or s/c

·
Registered
252 Posts
Hi,

well, to order some parts directly from Alpina in Buchloe you just have to tell them what you want to buy and for which car you will use it.

And of course you have to prove that you really have an Alpina by sending Mrs. Miller or Mrs. Schuster the car documents.

I hope that will help you.

Kind regards.

Ralf

·
Registered
370 Posts
Actually they will not even send you parts. They will Direct you to KSK.
Alpina has a contract with KSK and in it states they will not sell directly to anyone. It all has to go through KSK.

·
Registered
7,933 Posts
Ruth Miller is indeed a good contact. Helped me out a couple of times on very short notice.

252 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
you guys are categorizing panels along with engine components, i'm not sure you have even answered my question. The focus was around body or interior parts, would somebody have to come up with a Vin? yes / no, as I'am quite sure this is the process for engine pieces, not to sure about other Alpina needs,

and how long has ksk-alpina been located in califorina, being the b7 is a 07 model, are there other us alpinas iam unaware of

·
Registered
141 Posts
Since the '07 B7 is a new model that is imported by, sold thru and serviced by BMW NA dealers, you might want to check with them.

As far as KSK, they have been around many years and if you have an older Alpina in the US, you most definately would have had some dealings with them in the past. Inquires to Alpina reguarding the older models will be directed to KSK so they can assist with your needs.

·
Registered
669 Posts
My 2 cents - if the car is a B7 - 07 you can go through BMW dealership
If the car is <07 - Alpina directs all US customers to KSK. KSK will mark up all Alpina parts 75-100% from enduser cost directly from alpina. For this reason I avoid KSK like the plague. I would advise you to find a friend in the UK or Europe that can source parts from Alpina direct and ship to you. Also try Walloth and Nesche (do a search)as they may be able to assist you.
Good luck

·
Registered
252 Posts
That's also a good idea:

try this link: http://www.wallothnesch.com/

I already ordered some parts there, because they do own parts which or not longer available at ALPINA directly. But I must admit that they are not cheap.

They do well know that these older parts are quiet rare.

Regards

Ralf

·
Registered
669 Posts
Alpina really needs to rethink this KSK relationship. It only is hurting Alpina IMO for the US Alpina owners as well as the Alpina reputation. No wonder Grey MKT is thriving for parts. You Euro Alpina fanatics could have a good business supplying all us all over here....for reasonable profit .....hint hint hint a new business oppty:15:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts