BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Velvet Blue / Champagne / Poplar natural wood + a few extras, 1st customer car September delivery !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Certainly a unique colour combination - did you get the light or dark poplar wood? How much extra for the special wood trim?

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
Now that is very very nice combination! Uniwue and tasteful!

Poplar wood, is that the Birch, or what us that?

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
It is not birch Gustav.

There are two types of Poplar Wood, a dark one known as Poplar Ruby and a light one known as Poplar Natural.

Here are the pictures:

Poplar Ruby:

Poplar Natural:

I take back my earlier question about which one, clearly you've gone with the lighter one.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have gone for the lighter one "poplar natural"

Did not pay much attention to the breakdown of various costs just looked at the bottom line !!!!!!!!! I think the additional cost for the wood was £900 through BMW individual.

I think the standard paint colour choices are really poor which has forced me to go the individual route.......narrowed it down to velvet blue, estoril blue and a really old BMW colour can't remember the name but it is virtually identical to Alpina blue.

Decided estoril is too light a colour for a big car like this, they refused do the blue that looks like Alpina blue so have gone for velvet blue.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,823 Posts
T1000 -- Please englighten us Individual-ignorant ones across the Pond -- none of the colors you considered is listed as options in the M5 Individual section of the www.bmw.com site. Does BMW UK have its own set of available Individual colors? Or can one just ask for any color BMW has ever used in a production car (in which case what is the purpose of the Individual color palate on the bmw.com site)?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As I understand it BMW Individual will "subject to their approval" do anything you want as long as you are prepared to pay for it.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Thanks correct. I originally wanted Gold Brown Merino leather which is not part of any 'package' but was available upon request for an extra 3000 Euros.

BMW can do almost anything provided you're willing to pay (a lot!).

·
Registered
180 Posts
T1000 said:
Velvet Blue / Champagne / Poplar natural wood + a few extras, 1st customer car September delivery !!!!!!!!
How come the first car from your dealer is in September ?

Thought UK cars were being released nationally from May ?

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
Could ir bw that Indidivual take this long time? I cant beleive so?

Ghufran said:
How come the first car from your dealer is in September ?

Thought UK cars were being released nationally from May ?

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Gustav, Dealer demos are arriving mid April ready for the launch in May. Most 1st customer cars are arriving in August but a lot of people will wait for 1st September when the new registration plates are issued.

·
Registered
955 Posts
questions for people that's getting the car within the next few month (namely before Sept). what will be the year of the car? 05MY? or 06MY?

·
Registered
383 Posts
With regards to first customer cars, BMWUK has informed dealers they are allowed to sell the demo allocated cars instead of registering them. I had a phone call last week offering me the demo due april for 1st May Reg.

The car is built and awaiting shipment. :)

Not counting someone taking the demo the first customer car for Cardiff is still expected for June delivery, and as far as I'm aware the order has changed to spec not changable.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts