BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered Continental Contisports for back tires today ($300 less than PS2s). Here is my rational: Since the rear tires only last 12K (for me), why pay 300-400 dollars extra for rear tires? The front tires will last at least another 6 months before I also change to Contisports. I've enjoyed the original PS2s so far, but replacing the rear tires every 12k miles is a pain.

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
smokem................

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
What did they run you per tire? Where did you get them?

JUst curious. I need new rears VERY soon.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
The Conti's run $130 less per tire vs. the PS2's per Tire Rack.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Any opinions of the Bridgestone Potenza RE050A Poles? They are rated higher than the PS2s on Tirerack. Curious if anyone has first hand experience. I think I might go with them as the performance seems to be there and I think they were like $75 less per tire than the PS2's.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Just ordered Continental Contisports for back tires today ($300 less than PS2s). Here is my rational: Since the rear tires only last 12K (for me), why pay 300-400 dollars extra for rear tires? The front tires will last at least another 6 months before I also change to Contisports. I've enjoyed the original PS2s so far, but replacing the rear tires every 12k miles is a pain.
I did the same exact thing about 3 months ago. My rear tires were done at 8500 miles and the fronts had about 50% left at the time. I did not want to replace all 4 so I replaced just the backs. Next tire change is all 4 and I will probably get PS2's.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tires in Houston

I ordered my tires from Discount tire (610&buffalo speedway). They gave me room to negotiate the price because the advertisement is that they will beat any price. I told them the price on tirerack and they came down on their final price (2 tires+tax+installation). If you order from here, ask for David, because he deals alot with high-end tires and wheels and will make sure your wheels remain scratch free during installation.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I ordered my tires from Discount tire (610&buffalo speedway). They gave me room to negotiate the price because the advertisement is that they will beat any price. I told them the price on tirerack and they came down on their final price (2 tires+tax+installation). If you order from here, ask for David, because he deals alot with high-end tires and wheels and will make sure your wheels remain scratch free during installation.

Thanks BAB. Yeah, I've done that w/ Discount too. I will ask if I can have my tires sent to their store for mounting, and they always match the price of the tires I'm ordering.

I'm putting off getting new rears as long as I can. I HATE HATE HATE buying tires for some reason. It feels like going to the Dentist... I know I need them... will feel better afterwards, etc... but the process just sucks.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
I'm putting off getting new rears as long as I can. I HATE HATE HATE buying tires for some reason. It feels like going to the Dentist... I know I need them... will feel better afterwards, etc... but the process just sucks.
Yeah, but at least that numb feeling is in the wallet and not your mouth.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Conti's wouldn't do it for me. I couldn't get any traction at all until 3rd gear. Once I got the PS2's the car became a rocketship.

But yeah they are cheaper.

But a prius gets better mileage.

Pick your tradeoff :).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts