BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get a car tinted, and I've been really busy recently...I figure I'll use a mobile tinter.

Any suggestions for someone that's willing to go to Orange County? The office is in Santa Ana.

Thanks!

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
Dude don't do that...bring it to STM in L.A top notch work...
I'm looking to get a car tinted, and I've been really busy recently...I figure I'll use a mobile tinter.

Any suggestions for someone that's willing to go to Orange County? The office is in Santa Ana.

Thanks!

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Dude don't do that...bring it to STM in L.A top notch work...
:eek:. Do they do weekends? I'm so tied up that I'll probably only be free for a few hours on Saturday. And I won't be able to pick the car up probably for another week (dinner plans Saturday in San Diego, Sunday all day is taken up by crap :eek:).

PM me the information when you get a chance...maybe I'll use that excuse as a chance to let her enjoy the Laidback spa? ;). But yes, after reading more about the "professional" tint shops, I have no idea what I was thinking...mobile tint :(.

Oh yeah, is ceramic really worth it? I had it on a couple of previous cars (courtesy of previous owners), but I never felt the need to spend $500 on tint...I park indoors at the office and at home. I'm figuring 5% all around with decent metallic film (I rarely listen to radio, CDs all the way ;)).

·
Registered
74 Posts
Oh yeah, is ceramic really worth it?
In my opinion, yes.

Metallic tint interferes with my Valentine One's rear radar reception. That's a deal-breaker for me. If you don't use a radar detector (or don't care about what's behind you) then metallic is just fine. Also it has been my experience that a metallic tint (3M) was better at keeping the car cool than a ceramic (SunTek), which also doesn't apply since your parking is covered.

- Cameron

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In my opinion, yes.

Metallic tint interferes with my Valentine One's rear radar reception. That's a deal-breaker for me. If you don't use a radar detector (or don't care about what's behind you) then metallic is just fine. Also it has been my experience that a metallic tint (3M) was better at keeping the car cool than a ceramic (SunTek), which also doesn't apply since your parking is covered.

- Cameron
Thanks bud. I feel like I'll probably get a V1 eventually...but probably not for a while.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I have a Great Guy named Doug. He in the OC and he has done two of my M3's two of my 997 Porscha's and my New M5. He is mobile and very fair in price. I can give you his number if you are interested.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a Great Guy named Doug. He in the OC and he has done two of my M3's two of my 997 Porscha's and my New M5. He is mobile and very fair in price. I can give you his number if you are interested.
Hit me. BTW, where in Newport are you? I'm on Balboa :).

·
Registered
556 Posts
I grew up on the Island. Lived there for 20 of my 32 years. Amazing place. I am still in Newport. Doug (949) 646-8468 Tell Him Bryan with the M3's, Porsche and the M5 sent you and tell him to take care of you! He's good. :M5thumbs: Most recent tint job.

Attachments

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I grew up on the Island. Lived there for 20 of my 32 years. Amazing place. I am still in Newport. Doug (949) 646-8468 Tell Him Bryan with the M3's, Porsche and the M5 sent you and tell him to take care of you! He's good. :M5thumbs: Most recent tint job.
Awesome! Thanks bud. If I can't make it out to one of the shops (and from the looks of things, I won't be able to), I'll definitely give him a call.

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
Ceramic tint is the way to go...and you need to have a very good installer to do it...g/l :cheers:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts