BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get a car tinted, and I've been really busy recently...I figure I'll use a mobile tinter.

Any suggestions for someone that's willing to go to Orange County? The office is in Santa Ana.

Thanks!

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
Dude don't do that...bring it to STM in L.A top notch work...
I'm looking to get a car tinted, and I've been really busy recently...I figure I'll use a mobile tinter.

Any suggestions for someone that's willing to go to Orange County? The office is in Santa Ana.

Thanks!

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Dude don't do that...bring it to STM in L.A top notch work...
:eek:. Do they do weekends? I'm so tied up that I'll probably only be free for a few hours on Saturday. And I won't be able to pick the car up probably for another week (dinner plans Saturday in San Diego, Sunday all day is taken up by crap :eek:).

PM me the information when you get a chance...maybe I'll use that excuse as a chance to let her enjoy the Laidback spa? ;). But yes, after reading more about the "professional" tint shops, I have no idea what I was thinking...mobile tint :(.

Oh yeah, is ceramic really worth it? I had it on a couple of previous cars (courtesy of previous owners), but I never felt the need to spend $500 on tint...I park indoors at the office and at home. I'm figuring 5% all around with decent metallic film (I rarely listen to radio, CDs all the way ;)).

·
Registered
74 Posts
Oh yeah, is ceramic really worth it?
In my opinion, yes.

Metallic tint interferes with my Valentine One's rear radar reception. That's a deal-breaker for me. If you don't use a radar detector (or don't care about what's behind you) then metallic is just fine. Also it has been my experience that a metallic tint (3M) was better at keeping the car cool than a ceramic (SunTek), which also doesn't apply since your parking is covered.

- Cameron

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In my opinion, yes.

Metallic tint interferes with my Valentine One's rear radar reception. That's a deal-breaker for me. If you don't use a radar detector (or don't care about what's behind you) then metallic is just fine. Also it has been my experience that a metallic tint (3M) was better at keeping the car cool than a ceramic (SunTek), which also doesn't apply since your parking is covered.

- Cameron
Thanks bud. I feel like I'll probably get a V1 eventually...but probably not for a while.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I grew up on the Island. Lived there for 20 of my 32 years. Amazing place. I am still in Newport. Doug (949) 646-8468 Tell Him Bryan with the M3's, Porsche and the M5 sent you and tell him to take care of you! He's good. :M5thumbs: Most recent tint job.

Attachments

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I grew up on the Island. Lived there for 20 of my 32 years. Amazing place. I am still in Newport. Doug (949) 646-8468 Tell Him Bryan with the M3's, Porsche and the M5 sent you and tell him to take care of you! He's good. :M5thumbs: Most recent tint job.
Awesome! Thanks bud. If I can't make it out to one of the shops (and from the looks of things, I won't be able to), I'll definitely give him a call.

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
Ceramic tint is the way to go...and you need to have a very good installer to do it...g/l :cheers:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.