BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both are Bluetooth phone preparation but can someone please explain what the difference is (if any)?

Now that option 638 (handsfree telephone) is no longer available, I need to switch to one of these two.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I have ordered:
0644 Universal handy Bluetoth preparation

Now I get curious too what all the different options are.

I will check with my dealer

·
Registered
540 Posts
Dont you mean 644 not 634 ?

In the UK it shows

633 "Bluetooth preparation + Telematics" "Only available with BMW Assist"

644 " Bluetooth preparation"

On telematics : "The innovative BMW telematics systems will in future, allow your BMW to keep you right up to date with everything from traffic jams to hotel room availability. The result: more safety, more information and more convenience. "

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I stand corrected - 644 not 634.

I think I'll stick with 633 unless they come out with a replacement for the recently defunkt Professional Telephone.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Vic said:
I have ordered:
0644 Universal handy Bluetoth preparation

Now I get curious too what all the different options are.

I will check with my dealer
If you order 644 universal handy bluetooth preperation you can choose for which phone you want you bluetooth kit to be customized for. for example my dad chose siemens s65 because that is the phone he owns and they put a cradle into the arm rest specially made for siemens s65 and now he can charge his phone in the car while he uses it as a car phone through bluetooth.

Hope this helps a little bit!!!!!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Ashok Arora said:
Both are Bluetooth phone preparation but can someone please explain what the difference is (if any)?

Now that option 638 (handsfree telephone) is no longer available, I need to switch to one of these two.
633 includes telematics, for BMW assist. In UK both options are the same price and Assist is £0 (I mean, to get telematics AND BMW assist is no extra £££ over and above just bluetooth) so I got the 633. NB, Assist is listed as £120 or summink in the brochure, but when you order it comes up on the salesman's computer as £0. Spie discovered the same when he specced his car, couple of weeks ago (on the thread Spie started entitled "does this spec look ok" or something like that)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts