BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
M5 family is has been awhile for me posting, I enjoy driving my baby like I stole it…:M5launch:
Is it me or do you see the car companies that are producing V8! WOW…I am a true fan of my E39 2K3, and have I friends that still ask so I still enjoy the car my answer is YES I DO!
I would love to believe that new body style of the M3 would be the new and improved body style for the next generation M5 (just bigger) with the 500 horses on tap.
Have you all seen what is to come or what has arrived since?
I was blown away by the Mercedes C63 AMG 451! The front grill is very impressive and the Merc boys want to get you over too their side. I have to mention this but <st1:city w:st="on"><st1>Pontiac</st1></st1:city> has a V8! I did own one back in the day for a minute it was not a V8 though they are comparing it too the BMW 5 series at 30k this is truly a good time to be a car guy/girl.
<o>:p> </o>:p>
But I have to admit the only other car I have had on my screensaver other than BMW E39 was Nissan GTR series, and I was excited to see that the company was going to make this car. I could not wait for it to actually happen and it is here. A twin turbo V6 480 horses all wheel drive that is just sick! You and I both know that this car has great potential to reach phenomenal numbers in horses and torque. I would not give up my Baby at any time but if allowed I may have to add something to the garage that would be just as appealing (maybe). I am still getting funds together for serious H/P increases in the future, but imagine a DINAN STAGE 2/3 M5, and something else to get your blood surging…
What would that be?

·
Banned
156 Posts
I would go with either a highly modded 04 e55 amg or 996 turbo Porsche. The m5 pound for pound won't make even close to the power those two cars can make with half the money. Not even s1or s2...or s3 for that matter and cost...

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
If I hit the Lotto today, the *first* thing I'd do is turn my car into an S3. Then I'd order a GT2, then go visit the Aston Martin store.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
How about this? 370kw 640Nm
HSV W 427

w427image1.jpg

w427image17.jpg

Hopefully this year, so should get a Pontiac badge at some point.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
G8 is a rebadged HSV clubsport I think.

·
Registered
83 Posts
For 70K the best option for amazing speed is 04-05 GT3. The car is incredible, but really setup for good roads and the track. For more of a comfort driver with track-ability the 997 GT3 is Incredible, but that will put you over 100K.

The 996 (04-05) GT3 is one of the best. On the track it can be flogged and beat out the best of breed. Here are some good videos of a 996 GT3 with a pretty good driver against F-cars and Lambos at one of our local track events this past weekend

http://www.youtube.com/user/dgarringer

·
Banned
156 Posts
yea the gt3 is a quite amazing machine but don't expect to have any luxury at all besides a beautiful set of seats and maybe some arctic silver (wooohoo$$) trim

1 - 12 of 12 Posts