BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, stumbled across these for sale in my area. They came off of an e39 M5 and are 19's. I have e-mailed seller for more info but still no response. Anyone know what rims these are ? Would you put them on your M5 ? Seller is asking $800 for all 4 in mint condition.
Let me know what you think.

Attachments

·
Banned
3,793 Posts
You get what you pay for.

They look ok, I'm my opinion e39 needs something more with a curve so it follows the body lines. They would look better on e60, just my humble opinion.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: Enrico 2000

·
Registered
632 Posts
First thing I would be asking are the wheels hubcentric? If they are not then I wouldn't even bother regardless of how they may appear to be. From a looks perspective these wheels would be better suited on something other than an E39 M5.

Reactions: Enrico 2000

·
Registered
12,952 Posts
OP, do YOU like them? That is the only opinion that matters.

As others have noted, ideally you want them hubcentric, although you can go 3mm if you need a little spacer. 74.1 bore, unlike most other BMW's.

If you like them, they fit, and the price is right, go ahead.

Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I had mixed opinions when I saw them, that's why I wanted your opinions. No info on them yet from seller. You don't find used aftermarket rims that fit e39 m5's often here in Montreal. I'll try to find out if they are hub centric . Only info I have is that they are 19's.

·
Registered
12,952 Posts
I had mixed opinions when I saw them, that's why I wanted your opinions. No info on them yet from seller. You don't find used aftermarket rims that fit e39 m5's often here in Montreal. I'll try to find out if they are hub centric . Only info I have is that they are 19's.
Get the widths and the offsets.

Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
As was said, your opinion is what counts. But since you asked...:)

I think the E39 looks best with concave spokes. Not a fan of the convex spokes on these wheels.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
If you are having mixed emotions on the wheels, unless you're getting a killer deal, I would pass. In my opinion, if you're making cosmetic mod's then they should evoke a positive emotion immediately. It should not be something that you feel "m'eh" about or should have to grow on you. There is something that, to my eye at least, is not quite right about them on the e39 in the picture but, at the end, it is only your opinion that matters.

·
Registered
322 Posts
They're okay, IMO. I'd side with AGM5, if you don't love them, you probably have your answer.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I like the generous lip. I like the spun aluminum look (if that's what I am seeing). What I don't like is 6 spokes on 5 lugs...unbalanced. That's just me but you asked.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Thanks to everyone for the feedback. At least I know they are Stern rims, thanks to ///M3Augy. The seller has not even responded to my e-mail !
I value everyone's opinions on this board big time. I wasn't sure about these when I saw them, but was intrigued because like I said not many used aftermarket wheels for sale in my area.
However, I think I'll pass on these . Just will have to be patient and keep searching for my favourites : BBS LM :3:
Thanks again to all who chimed in, appreciate it :)
Moderators , please delete this thread

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
LM'S are worth the patience. I had six other wheels on my cars before I finally bit the bullet and just bought LM's. They are definitely worth it if it's what you really want.

·
Registered
184 Posts
meh.... I prefer style 65s and even would stay with my winter set of style 66s over those.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts