BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today I went to go see the car i had my dealer get and I was a bit dissapointed in color shade. I was expecting more of a true red/bordoux color but its more like a rust red/brown.

I am a contemporary furniture designer and we use lots of reds on projects but nothing close to this nasty hue. ugggg

Before I made the dealer get this car I must have looked at every possible photo of the interior online and it now appears to be deceptive.

Just curious on other owners thoughts of this color?

Even Fox Red on the M3 I dislike. Coral red on the 3 series is much nicer and Imola Red on the E46 M3 was my all time favorite.

Why the hell does BMW decide to use these nasty colors all of a sudden.

Aston Martin, Maserati, Ferrari and Bently all use very appealing reds which is why I love the black/red comination so much.

I dont know what to do if I should take it or get another interior choice. I almost wish I stuck with black/black now and saved even more money on the deal

Thoughts?

·
Registered
649 Posts
:applause:portland Brown is my favorite, I considered the red but woudnt choose unless i had actually seen it in prerson, so i decided pictures werent enough stuck with Portland.and VERY happy

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Personally it is mainly to do with the external / internal colour combo.

I really did consider indi red interior, but that was after driving a black interior car (rath dull IMO).

Fortunately I decided against it and was fortunate enough to have the individual option so went with Sepia matallic exterior and Amarone Interior...

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=81423

What was the exterior colour of the car you ordered.

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
Personally choice.

I choose Indy Red/Indy Red combo and would do it all over again.

·
Registered
836 Posts
love it on my car

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The extrerior color of the car is black saphire, i still prefer jet black but there isnt much of a choice

Do you guys that have it did it take some time to get used to it?

Do you think i would be happy as it is very different. Thats the sole reason I wanted it apprantly i got the only 2008 as such in the USA that was on the ground and I didnt have to wait for it

I like portand brown and dont they have a lighter tan color? I didnt go with those shades like silverston because they get trashed when you wear jeans often it transfers the color and over time cleaning the leather eventually takes the finish off the leather.

considering I am in no position to wait this may work out after all. I have been driving blk/blk cars for the last 7 years im a bit bored of that now

I still think if it was a red like in then Aston Db9 or Bentley GT I would just be going ape **** over it now.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I dislike red interiors .. on all BMW's... I've never seen one that really appealed to me, but we all have different tastes.

-F

·
Registered
907 Posts
The Portland Brown/black is a stunner IMO.....I love it and wouln't have any other combo....

Reactions: mrpropaganda

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks like I will still take it and im sure it will grow on me

i still prefer the reds from the Italians and Brits especially on their metalic gray hues its so sexy

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I don't dislike anything Indianapolis Red...!
lovelove

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Can't go wrong with black int

·
Registered
464 Posts
I like the Indy Red interior, but they apparently didn't offer heated/cooled seats in Indy Red for 06. Not sure if that has changed.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
I love mine. Sapphire Black on Indy Red/Carbon. I will get the same next time for sure.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I like the Indy Red interior....Black is good but can be dull. Silverstone (interior) would be too hard to keep clean. Brown, is well, brown. That's what I think...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Couple of potential issues with your "I'll just take it and hope it grows on me" philosophy:

1. You are paying a LOT of money for this car. You should not drive off the lot feeling disappointed. There is the obvious risk that it never will grow on you, but you are also likely to project your feelings around your friends when they see it. I would hate the idea of saying, "Check out my new car. The interior color kind of sucks but wait until I step on the gas..."

2. All of this is compounded given your line of work. You should have a good eye as to whether the color combo works. If it doesn't, you don't want potential clients scratching their heads as to "design" choices you make.

Good luck in your decision. See if they can take the color out of the interior and wrap it around the car, because Indy Red on the outside kicks a**.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I hope I like the Indianapolis Red interior - that's what I ordered! The car is sitting at the Performance Center right now - I pick it up in three weeks.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts