BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I really like the HRE 897R's on VicM5's M6, but how do you think they'll look on an M5?
I'm leaning towards gloss black with the polished lip "look".
Also thinking about 20's with stock height. :dunno:
Thanks

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
You've selected a wheel manufacture, that's the technical side of it.
Now the rest is your personal choice based on your taste in wheel styles.
HRE has dozens of wheel lines and styles. Members can give you opinions but bottomline it's your choice.

The new monoblok wheels to me are beautiful. Relatively new look with no lip making the diameter appear larger than the stated size.
Checkout member ThisFlyGuy's M5 on a current thread.

Anyway I think most HRE's are beautiful and your choice will be hot.

M5Ranger

·
Registered
54 Posts
I recently went through a similar decision point. I knew I wanted HRE, but wasn't sure about the model. I had 847R's on my Supra but just wasn't sure that a split 5 spoke would look right on the M5 (even though it looks amazing on the M6). I also went back and forth between 20" and 21" and finally decided on 21" so that cut down on my options a little (my decision of 21" was based on Streetking and his M5. He initially did 20" and then stepped up to 21" and my personal preference is the larger wheel. I am of course just going after the look and realize all the size/weight implications).

I ended up working with Ben at Wheelboutique and we ordered a set of the brand new 993R's in 21". They should be here in a couple weeks so I will post pics when ready...

Can't go wrong with any HRE really. My only feedback is that going with a 1+ or 2+ wheel size without lowering usually looks a little off. Look at the difference in the Monoblocks that HRE initially posted on a stock height M5 vs. the ones recently posted on the blue lowered M5. Same wheel but the outcome is night and day...

Good luck

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
These are the feedbacks I've been looking for. Thanks!

hyboost,
Would you recommend going 19" if I plan on staying with stock height?

I've been hearing good things about Ben at WheelBoutique. Does anyone have their email?

·
Registered
54 Posts
These are the feedbacks I've been looking for. Thanks!

hyboost,
Would you recommend going 19" if I plan on staying with stock height?

I've been hearing good things about Ben at WheelBoutique. Does anyone have their email?
Ben's site: http://www.wheelboutique.com/
Give him a call at 1-866-51-WHEEL.

As far as the 19" question, I don't think I'm the best one to ask. My first mod on every car I buy is to lower it, no matter what it is. So I guess I'm biased :D. Any particular reason you are staying at stock height? The ride is honestly not that much different on this car with springs. My Cayenne is 10 times rougher with springs vs. the M5.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ben's site: http://www.wheelboutique.com/
Give him a call at 1-866-51-WHEEL.

As far as the 19" question, I don't think I'm the best one to ask. My first mod on every car I buy is to lower it, no matter what it is. So I guess I'm biased :D. Any particular reason you are staying at stock height? The ride is honestly not that much different on this car with springs. My Cayenne is 10 times rougher with springs vs. the M5.
Thanks for the info. As far as not lowering it; its finding the time to do it, potential problems, me bottoming out every time I go up ramps ouich, and I'm not dissatisfied with the un-lowered look of the car now.
But maybe I can be convinced otherwise.:haha:

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Decided to lower the car first. I'm having H&R springs installed this week. I figured I might as well do it right.
Thanks for all your inputs. :thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts