BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to get your views on an alcantara interior (that's the synthetic suede-like material manufactured in Italy). I have the "M Texture Alcantara" interior on my E46 M3 which I love. It makes it different than most of the other M3s on the road especially in North America where leather (especially black or tan leather) seem to be the BMW uniform for interiors. It is grippier in the twisties as well as cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter than leather.

What are your thoughts on some sort of special alcantara interior (perhaps obtainable via the individual program) for the new M5? It would probably be some sort of M-specific version of an alcantara interior. Has anyone ordered it?

Best regards,

·
Registered
764 Posts
I personally prefer leather for the entire interior, although the Alcantara headliner is nice. If you want a personal perspective, see if you can track down an X5 4.8is, where the leather/Alcantara combo seats are standard, or even an M3 CSL or Competition Package. I think those cars offer the option, as well. :cheers:

·
Registered
375 Posts
Hi, first post/reply here. Stationed with USAF here in germany and got a call yesterday from my local BMW contact. They have the new M5 in BMW Schaffers of Kaiserslautern showroom awaiting launch this weekend, so had to get in there. The M5 had the full interior option (7000+ Euro!) and all alacantra everywhere. From the drivers seat you don't notice the dash all in leather that much or the headliner but it felt nice! Not sure if it is worth the 7KEuro though. Will attach pic of what I saw.

Attachments

·
Registered
375 Posts
Thanks, I just posted some on another thread (M5 spotted in german delership) it takes a bit to get them uploaded! Have a few more too!

·
Registered
546 Posts
I think it looks great, but maybe a little too sporty for the M5 as leather does look more expensive/exclusive. As for the roof in alcantara, it looks absolutely stunning :M5thumbs:

Cheers

·
Registered
520 Posts
All alcantara might be a bit much. I've got alcantara roof lining on my Gallardo and it works a treat, giving the cockpit a warm feel.

I think the sheen of leather looks better on the seats. But hey, that's what Individual is all about, having something no-one else has, so go for it if that works for you! :)

·
Registered
455 Posts
we had the alcantara seats in the e39 and they were great. Looked fantastic as well with the ///M colours. Our only gripes compared to leather were with regards to resale and also keeping them clean.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
I am getting the alcantara headlining of my new M5 but I would never consider alcantara seats as I have kids. Even my headliner will be in antracite - I was considering getting it in Caramel to match the seats but I couldn't imagine trying to keep it clean (just think of grubby little fingers covered in chocolate going near it!!).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts