BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

Opinions needed for a 08 M6 Coupe 6 Speed purchasing

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  stephon314 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello folks. A friend of mine is thinking to sell his 08 M6 Coupe factory 6 speed, Interlatgos Blue on Black, 36k miles with some minor modifications. It's got 20" DPE wheels, Active Autowerks exhaust, RPI air scoops, BMC air filters, Dinan tune, a Vorsteiner carbon fiber, and KW V3 coilovers. He had it for almost 3 years and drove only about 1,500 miles. Car was recently serviced at Dinan Mountain View with oil, spark plugs, and no issues found from inspection.

I could possibly buy the car for $28-30k. Was originally planning to buy a 08+ 6 speed M5, and now this seems like a great deal. I've owned both M5 & M6 with SMG in the past, and have enjoyed driving them. What do you guys think? Bargain? Fair deal? Should go with M5 instead? Any opinion would be helpful!

See less See more
#2 ·
If you like the mods I’d say it’s a bargain given the rarity of the 6spd, but there isn’t yet a strong market for these so its more about personal preference. I like having 1 of the 378 6spd verts ever made. How does he drive the car? Is it babied or does he like to show off and wind the engine up a lot? That would be the biggest determining factor if it were my choice.

#3 ·
He had babied the car and barely drove it. About 4k miles throughout 3 years of ownership, and maintenance has been taken care of at Dinan. I just test drive it in person today. It was super clean, and car drives like a dream! I was surprised about 1st gear in M mode and had to get used to it because of the power. Market has definitely become soft & unstable lately.

#4 ·
Interlagos Blue is the fastest color.

If you’re not interested, @jimsm6 has been looking for this Unicorn.

I have been 9 years happy, with my 6 Speed.

#8 ·
Thanks for keeping me in mind Woody! @Fiftytwoeighty

I am currently getting a 1971 Morgan +8 ready for sale (will probably put it up on BaT) but if @stephon314 you buy the car or your friend keeps it, keep me in mind before putting it on the general market. Would prefer an all original car but wanting an M6 with low miles in this color, I can't be too picky since they just don't exist (kind of like the early Morgan). The manual is just a plus!

Cheers,

Jim

Reactions: Fiftytwoeighty
#9 ·
Thanks for keeping me in mind Woody! @Fiftytwoeighty

I am currently getting a 1971 Morgan +8 ready for sale (will probably put it up on BaT) but if @stephon314 you buy the car or your friend keeps it, keep me in mind before putting it on the general market. Would prefer an all original car but wanting an M6 with low miles in this color, I can't be too picky since they just don't exist (kind of like the early Morgan). The manual is just a plus!

Cheers,

Jim
He's officially posted it for sale on CL. 2008 BMW M6 6 Speed Manual - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle...

Contact him if you're still interested in it. The car is in pristine condition and can easily go back to stock since it wasn't heavily modified. I'd do the same if I were to purchase it. Loved how S85 mated with 6 speed manual transmission, but I have to pursue after F06 M6 Gran Coupe now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.