BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think of VIS carbon hoods? Any pics? Experiences? Quality? I am looking at acquiring one.

Mike

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It seems that the price is actually close to Vorsteiner single sided, so i am not sure. I do love the more agresive grilles.

Mike

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
Is it dry layed process?

here is more info on Vorsteiner CF
Key Benefits & Highlights of Vorsteiner Vacuum Carbon Fiber Technology:
-Maximizes Power to Weight Ratio
-Decreases vehicle fuel usage
-Resistance to Rust & Corrosion in harsh environments
-Exhibits extremely long life even under extreme conditions
-Low Percentage of resin content ratio increases strength & weight compared to wetlay up production
-Vacuum compression of carbon fiber parts exhibits more visually stunning looks and uniformity
-Up to 60% lighter than factory replacement parts

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
Mike,

I think member MGZ had a negative experience getting a Vis cf truck to work. In fairness, the website does say 'modification required'.

I wish the site listed the weights! :sad2:

Dave

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Besides that, i think it looks way too ricey and unsuitable to go on a BMW.

·
Registered
331 Posts
From what I've seen, no aftermarket hood has fit as well as it should for the amount of $$$$ they cost.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I like the fact that we have a choice now. I don't really like the hood personally. +1 on the too Ricey style. I do like the Vorsteiner though.

E

·
Registered
227 Posts
VIS products are far from being ok. I've seen their products back in the days when I was modding my Honda and it does not fit well. hood pins? Yep, you're going to have to take measurements, drill holes into their hood and also drill into the reinforcement beam to lock in the pin. At the end of the day, you're going to have silver hood pin caps on the hood and 1/4" gap all around.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts